Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    796
    Interesting start to UC’s basketball season.

    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...am/3870301002/

    Kinda reminds me of how we started last year in many ways
    Last edited by noteggs; 10-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.

  2. #52
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,238
    I see one the names being considered for Steele's new baby is "Stainless". I like it.
    This space for rent.

  3. #53
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    14,374
    Scotland is all in.

    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  4. #54
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I see one the names being considered for Steele's new baby is "Stainless". I like it.
    It should have been Remington
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  5. #55
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,627
    Last year, Goodin, Marshall, and Scruggs really struggled to shoot and turned the ball over frequently.

    Yes, X has more depth. That will help. But, shooters have a hard time being consistent with their careers.
    The defense saved X last year. I only hope the defense will be as strong. 7 new players will need lots of time to work out issues.

    I think our schedule will be easier.
    I just can't see Q being a remarkable shooter. Scruggs will be better but not amazing.

    Hope they average less than 12 turnovers a game.

  6. #56
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Last year, Goodin, Marshall, and Scruggs really struggled to shoot and turned the ball over frequently.

    Yes, X has more depth. That will help. But, shooters have a hard time being consistent with their careers.
    The defense saved X last year. I only hope the defense will be as strong. 7 new players will need lots of time to work out issues.

    I think our schedule will be easier.
    I just can't see Q being a remarkable shooter. Scruggs will be better but not amazing.

    Hope they average less than 12 turnovers a game.
    Good thoughts. I expect better defense, even with new faces, although the improvement may not be significant. Turnovers were a huge problem last year and in my mind, not wholly resulting from the up tempo of play. Turnover numbers, in my mind, are more likely to increase with the new additions on the floor.

    No stroke of genius here to point out the quality of play from the core four as critical to this year's results. And, of the core four, I'm most concerned about Q. He is the unquestioned floor leader, will have the ball in his hands the most and he will most determine pace of play. So, his turnover numbers must be controlled better than last year. Q also is the most likely defensive stopper. He is a great athlete and the natural floor leader. Hope he can avoid injury and play at a consistently high level all season. I realize we have newcomers this year who can back him up (which this team lacked last year). But, Q is the stirrer that mixes the drink and I hope he has a season to remember.

  7. #57
    Supporting Member bjf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    3,034
    Shannon linked to this in Facebook. Iím sorry, but thatís kind of embarrassing.


    https://twitter.com/xaviermbb/status...764654593?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

  8. #58
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,043
    Wasnt sure of where to post this, but the ul fanbase is concerned about the lack of commitments for 2020. Sound familiar?? Mack and his inconsistent recruiting continues

  9. #59
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Wasnt sure of where to post this, but the ul fanbase is concerned about the lack of commitments for 2020. Sound familiar?? Mack and his inconsistent recruiting continues
    When hot, he was hot with Macura, Kanter, Trevon, Naji, Tyrique, Scruggs......

    Edmond Summner, Jalen, Farr, .... not always good. But Elite 8 and multiple Sweet 16ís.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •