Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Interesting start to UC’s basketball season.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...am/3870301002/

Kinda reminds me of how we started last year in many ways
    Last edited by noteggs; 10-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.

I see one the names being considered for Steele's new baby is "Stainless". I like it.
    2023 Sweet 16

Scotland is all in.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I see one the names being considered for Steele's new baby is "Stainless". I like it.
    It should have been Remington
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Last year, Goodin, Marshall, and Scruggs really struggled to shoot and turned the ball over frequently.

Yes, X has more depth. That will help. But, shooters have a hard time being consistent with their careers.
    The defense saved X last year. I only hope the defense will be as strong. 7 new players will need lots of time to work out issues.

I think our schedule will be easier.
    I just can't see Q being a remarkable shooter. Scruggs will be better but not amazing.

Hope they average less than 12 turnovers a game.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Last year, Goodin, Marshall, and Scruggs really struggled to shoot and turned the ball over frequently.

Yes, X has more depth. That will help. But, shooters have a hard time being consistent with their careers.
    The defense saved X last year. I only hope the defense will be as strong. 7 new players will need lots of time to work out issues.

I think our schedule will be easier.
    I just can't see Q being a remarkable shooter. Scruggs will be better but not amazing.

Hope they average less than 12 turnovers a game.
    Good thoughts. I expect better defense, even with new faces, although the improvement may not be significant. Turnovers were a huge problem last year and in my mind, not wholly resulting from the up tempo of play. Turnover numbers, in my mind, are more likely to increase with the new additions on the floor.

No stroke of genius here to point out the quality of play from the core four as critical to this year's results. And, of the core four, I'm most concerned about Q. He is the unquestioned floor leader, will have the ball in his hands the most and he will most determine pace of play. So, his turnover numbers must be controlled better than last year. Q also is the most likely defensive stopper. He is a great athlete and the natural floor leader. Hope he can avoid injury and play at a consistently high level all season. I realize we have newcomers this year who can back him up (which this team lacked last year). But, Q is the stirrer that mixes the drink and I hope he has a season to remember.

Shannon linked to this in Facebook. I’m sorry, but that’s kind of embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/xaviermbb/status...764654593?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Wasnt sure of where to post this, but the ul fanbase is concerned about the lack of commitments for 2020. Sound familiar?? Mack and his inconsistent recruiting continues

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Wasnt sure of where to post this, but the ul fanbase is concerned about the lack of commitments for 2020. Sound familiar?? Mack and his inconsistent recruiting continues
    When hot, he was hot with Macura, Kanter, Trevon, Naji, Tyrique, Scruggs......

Edmond Summner, Jalen, Farr, .... not always good. But Elite 8 and multiple Sweet 16’s.

2023 Sweet 16