Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Not much of a CF fan but ND as a 2 touchdown dog to GA will probably get me to tune in even tho they were slaughtered by Clemson in the bowl game.
    It seems like the same story with Notre Dame every year, ranked pre-season high, flame out, but then ranked pre-season high again with the hopes of this year being the year it's different. I'm interested into see if this is the actual year, I do really like that Jake Frohm kid from Georgia though, I watched that QB1 show on Netflix, and he just seems like a really humble, likeable human. Unlike Tate Martell.

Supporting Member
    Speaking of notre dame, not sure if I have encountered a more obnoxious college football fanbase and that is really saying something. The fans have a weird complex of thinking their program is elite, when in reality, they are pumped up every year rankings wise because of the large fanbase and tv viewership.

There is also this weird aura about them that they think their program "does things the right way" which is a complete joke. Very similar to Duke basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    It seems like the same story with Notre Dame every year, ranked pre-season high, flame out, but then ranked pre-season high again with the hopes of this year being the year it's different. I'm interested into see if this is the actual year, I do really like that Jake Frohm kid from Georgia though, I watched that QB1 show on Netflix, and he just seems like a really humble, likeable human. Unlike Tate Martell.
    Losing to a loaded UGA team in Athens doesn’t mean you suck, but this is a tall order for ND. I hope it’s competitive and a good watch. I’ll be in Buffalo for the Bills home opener and a good Saturday game would be great! :-)

I have a UGA buddy who was in a wedding in Athens a while back. The groom got a DUI in the 3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. OOPS! Nice start!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I saw notre dame in person against louisville this year...that is not a top 10, let alone top 20 team this year. I think georgia rolls fhem.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Losing to a loaded UGA team in Athens doesn’t mean you suck, but this is a tall order for ND. I hope it’s competitive and a good watch. I’ll be in Buffalo for the Bills home opener and a good Saturday game would be great! :-)

I have a UGA buddy who was in a wedding in Athens a while back. The groom got a DUI in the 3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. OOPS! Nice start!
    Oh no, losing to Georgia definitely doesn't mean you suck, that team is loaded with talent and has a real chance of beating Alabama. I guess I mean like in 2015 or 2017 where they were supposed to be "National Championship contenders" but end up dropping games late in the season, yes usually to quality opponents. I guess suck wasn't really the proper term, because they are decent, however, they aren't as elite as I feel like the world wants them to be at this current stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I saw notre dame in person against louisville this year...that is not a top 10, let alone top 20 team this year. I think georgia rolls fhem.
    Yeah, I watched that game too, I wasn't very impressed with them either. I also think Georgia rolls them, Fromm is the real deal, and they have talent all across the board, plus that defense is well coached, and just intimidating.

Junior
    ND is having serious issues selling tickets these days. They are advertising all the time to buy tickets. Even hawking USC tickets just weeks before the game. You used to have to get tickets in a will, now their box office is open to the public on game day. Their flops in bowl games, and the fact their most ardent fans are getting too old to show up in person, are contributing factors. They probably get rolled tonite.

Sophomore
    Not a problem unique to notre dame though. Pretty much every sports franchise is having trouble selling tickets. More and more people just stay home to watch on tv

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Not a problem unique to notre dame though. Pretty much every sports franchise is having trouble selling tickets. More and more people just stay home to watch on tv
    SCOX, try using that logic with the ticket sales managers for SEC football teams (or at least most of them).

This is Notre Dame. So, I think the standards and expectations are a little different, whether that is logical at this point or not. I believe the point about the demographic nature of their fan base is well made. I seriously believe the same problem exists for UD with the sweater-vests; it will have negative impacts for them moving forward.

Overall, it seems to be pretty clear that aspirations for having a shot at the national championship playoff are becoming increasingly unrealistic for Notre Dame fans.
    X A V I E R

The Army vs Michigan game 2 weeks ago was not a fluke, Michigan is not good!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    ND is having serious issues selling tickets these days. They are advertising all the time to buy tickets. Even hawking USC tickets just weeks before the game. You used to have to get tickets in a will, now their box office is open to the public on game day. Their flops in bowl games, and the fact their most ardent fans are getting too old to show up in person, are contributing factors. They probably get rolled tonite.
    They could sell beer and solve lots of issues.