Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    If you wanna attack anybody, attack the ACC, outside of Clemson, they are an ABSOLUTE DUMPSTERFIRE
    Florida state was a national power, then they hired willie taggart. Louisville was close to getting on the map, then they hired petrino a second time. All about coaching in college football, and those two schools made some terrible hiring decisions. Louisville I think is going to be back to where they were in two or three years, just like florida state will be once taggart is canned. How that guy kept getting jobs astounds me...hes one of the worst coaches I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Florida state was a national power, then they hired willie taggart. Louisville was close to getting on the map, then they hired petrino a second time. All about coaching in college football, and those two schools made some terrible hiring decisions. Louisville I think is going to be back to where they were in two or three years, just like florida state will be once taggart is canned. How that guy kept getting jobs astounds me...hes one of the worst coaches I have ever seen.
    Oh no, I agree with you, 2016 ACC was unreal good, Louisville, Florida State, and Clemson all vying for the play-offs, I do think it's a down-era and the ACC will be competitive again. I think everybody is waiting for Miami to be good again, Florida State should not be bad, but good lord Taggert is so inept at his job, and I think Louisville made a decent hire as well. Mack Brown at UNC has them recruiting at a pretty fun level as well, I don't think the ACC will always be this bad, but this particular year, they are bad. I agree so much about Taggert again though, he needs to be fired pronto.

Taggart is like a less obnoxious Lane Kiffin. Guy just fails up.

Sophomore
    Lane is at fau so not sure he’s failed up at this point. Maybe like a less handsome kliff kingsbury. Now there’s a guy who failed up

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Lane is at fau so not sure he’s failed up at this point. Maybe like a less handsome kliff kingsbury. Now there’s a guy who failed up
    Pre-FAU Kiffin, went from Tennessee, to USC, to Bama, and then got the FAU job, interested to see how Kiffin does this year, the first year, he had FAU rolling, they took a little step back last year, and could be another 8 win team this year, which isn't setting the world on fire, but not awful. I kind of like Lane, and his trolling, I could see why it frustrated the hell out of Saban at times though..

Completely right about Kliff Kingsbury, he had ZERO defense at Texas Tech, Vance Joseph was an amazing hire as DC for Arizona, but this infatuation with "SEAN MCVEY OFFENSES" is going off the rails, Kingsbury SHOULD NOT have that job. But I guess when you look like Ryan Gosling, you probably do well in interviews.

If Florida State can just improve their offense, defense, and special teams then I think they'll end up being okay.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Why dont they just skip the regular season this year and do a 6-8 team playoff and be done with it. Alabama, other sec west team who comes in second, georgia, clemson, oklahoma, ohio state and then grab the last two teams because it doesnt matter. The winner is coming out of those first six.

I wish there was a but more parity in college football, though with all that said, I do love it.

Why dont they just skip the regular season this year and do a 6-8 team playoff and be done with it. Alabama, other sec west team who comes in second, georgia, clemson, oklahoma, ohio state and then grab the last two teams because it doesnt matter. The winner is coming out of those first six.

I wish there was a but more parity in college football, though with all that said, I do love it.
    It feels that way to the casual fan. I really like college football, but by November I'm bored with it and ready for basketball to start. It's hard to stay interested when seemingly more than half the teams are eliminated before the season even start. If someone who doesn't even watch college football were to guess the four team playoff at the beginning of August, they'd probably get at least three of the teams right. Knowing the ending before it starts makes it less compelling to me as well.

I hate when people crap on threads that they can easily ignore if they choose to. My apologies. Carry on!!

Not much of a CF fan but ND as a 2 touchdown dog to GA will probably get me to tune in even tho they were slaughtered by Clemson in the bowl game.
    2023 Sweet 16