Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Big 10 vs. AAC has to factor in. The question is how much of a factor is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think he's wisely waiting for the right job rather than jumping for the first power conference job. That being said, does it get better than MSU for him coming from UC?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I think he's wisely waiting for the right job rather than jumping for the first power conference job. That being said, does it get better than MSU for him coming from UC?
    It might, Michigan State definitely has the resources to compete, and pay a healthy salary, but man their roster attrition is bad for next season. Not to mention Dantonio bailing before signing day? Incredibly rough. Fickell has turned UC into a very good G5 program, his average recruit rating was 0.85 for this class via 247 sports, which is a top 50 class. Back to back 11 win seasons as well, he can be very choosey especially with the sex misconduct allegations going on at Michigan State right now too. Also another thing to consider is how much Fickell loves Ohio State, obviously it's a job and you'd put in full effort, but would he enjoy being at Michigan State and trying to turn that thing around? Ultimately, if I'm Michigan State I back up the money trucks and try to lure Fickell away, but who knows he could get a decent look at a solid P5 program other than Michigan State, though I guess a lot of it depends on how bad he wants to coach in the Big 10 again as well.

It looks like Fickell is staying at Cincinnati.

While I kind of like it that Michigan State is finally having some of their own shit land on them, I also think it would have been a good move for Fickle. Jobs don't open up unless there is something wrong, and while Michigan State has a lot of things wrong, they're still set up to win at a high level.

I also think that Marcus Freeman would have been the next head coach at Cincinnati, and that it would have been a great opportunity for him.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-10-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Mel Tucker is leaving Colorado to go to Michigan State.

Fickell to Colorado??

Looks to me like Mike Gundy is going to get got one way or the other here.

Fickell to Oklahoma State??

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Looks to me like Mike Gundy is going to get got one way or the other here.

Fickell to Oklahoma State??
    EDIT: I was not aware of the most recent allegation when I posted this reply. I would delete it, but it has already been seen and replied to.

This kind of bothers me. I don't know Mike Gundy. I don't really give a crap about Mike Gundy. It's just the general attitude that everyone has toward stuff like this that bothers me.

My impression of him is that he is a tone-deaf real life version of Kenny Powers. I don't think he's an ideological racist. Now, I'm not saying that I don't understand why some of his players were upset by it. In fact I think it was fine that they called him on it. Where I differ from everyone else that's calling for his head is that I think things like this should be reconcilable. We've all said or done things that upset or offended other people. Oftentimes we didn't mean to. Oftentimes, we've felt bad about it after we did it. It bothers me that we seem to be at a point now where apologies, even sincere ones, are kind of out of the question now. Nothing is reconcilable. If you offend someone, you're done! Out! Gone! It doesn't matter if you're sorry or not. It feels good to shame and crucify people, so that's just what we do now.

Sometimes when people do things that are offensive it isn't because they are hateful. It's just that they did something dumb. The man wore a shirt to go fishing. I don't think he gave it any thought at all. But, the mob doesn't want to give him a chance to apologize or explain himself. It's more fun to just run him out of town.
    Last edited by xubrew; 06-18-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Perhaps you haven't seen that a former Colorado player is claiming Gundy n-worded him in a game 31 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Perhaps you haven't seen that a former Colorado player is claiming Gundy n-worded him in a game 31 years ago.
    No I haven't. Umm....wow. Now I feel like a bit of an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    EDIT: I was not aware of the most recent allegation when I posted this reply. I would delete it, but it has already been seen and replied to.

This kind of bothers me. I don't know Mike Gundy. I don't really give a crap about Mike Gundy. It's just the general attitude that everyone has toward stuff like this that bothers me.

My impression of him is that he is a tone-deaf real life version of Kenny Powers. I don't think he's an ideological racist. Now, I'm not saying that I don't understand why some of his players were upset by it. In fact I think it was fine that they called him on it. Where I differ from everyone else that's calling for his head is that I think things like this should be reconcilable. We've all said or done things that upset or offended other people. Oftentimes we didn't mean to. Oftentimes, we've felt bad about it after we did it. It bothers me that we seem to be at a point now where apologies, even sincere ones, are kind of out of the question now. Nothing is reconcilable. If you offend someone, you're done! Out! Gone! It doesn't matter if you're sorry or not. It feels good to shame and crucify people, so that's just what we do now.

Sometimes when people do things that are offensive it isn't because they are hateful. It's just that they did something dumb. The man wore a shirt to go fishing. I don't think he gave it any thought at all. But, the mob doesn't want to give him a chance to apologize or explain himself. It's more fun to just run him out of town.
    Cancel culture at its best (or worst).
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Cancel culture at its best (or worst).
    Cancel culture is actually a miserable time to live in to be honest.