Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Michigan being hot garbage is such a shame.

Supporting Member
    I gotta say I'm impressed that nd has hung in with georgia. I'm shocked that they have been able to, but the o line for nd has been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I gotta say I'm impressed that nd has hung in with georgia. I'm shocked that they have been able to, but the o line for nd has been impressive.
    Agree. Thought it was going to be a stomping.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I was attending a wedding (PSA: don't have fall weddings guys, come on, it's just rude) and checked the score and was shocked. Seems like it was a really competitive game, and I'll admit I was wrong about how I thought that was going to go.

Also, that Washington State/UCLA game??? Imagine being a QB and throwing 9 TDs.. but still losing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I was attending a wedding (PSA: don't have fall weddings guys, come on, it's just rude) and checked the score and was shocked. Seems like it was a really competitive game, and I'll admit I was wrong about how I thought that was going to go.

Also, that Washington State/UCLA game??? Imagine being a QB and throwing 9 TDs.. but still losing.
    I’ve got a wedding to attend next Saturday. Oh well.

As for Washington State and UCLA, when the play in basketball, they better hope they outscore the football game. That would be forever embarrassing to be on a basketball team that couldn’t score more than their football team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Notre Dame football is interesting.

Actual Notre Dame alumni strike me as passionate, but for the most part realistic.

Notre Dame football fans who never went to Notre Dame think that they are the greatest thing on Earth, even though "they" never actually attended the school.

Notre Dame football fans who also consider themselves to be IU basketball fans are the worst. Not even Notre Dame and IU fans like these people.

Notre Dame haters always think Notre Dame is way worse than they actually are. It's the inverse problem of the Notre Dame football fans who didn't go to Notre Dame.

In reality, I think ND is legit this year. They've gotten a lot better since week 1, and have nothing left on their schedule that is nearly as challenging as the game they just played. To go into Georgia and be in a position to win the game with less than a minute to go is pretty impressive.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Notre Dame football is interesting.

Actual Notre Dame alumni strike me as passionate, but for the most part realistic.

Notre Dame football fans who never went to Notre Dame think that they are the greatest thing on Earth, even though "they" never actually attended the school.

Notre Dame football fans who also consider themselves to be IU basketball fans are the worst. Not even Notre Dame and IU fans like these people.

Notre Dame haters always think Notre Dame is way worse than they actually are. It's the inverse problem of the Notre Dame football fans who didn't go to Notre Dame.

In reality, I think ND is legit this year. They've gotten a lot better since week 1, and have nothing left on their schedule that is nearly as challenging as the game they just played. To go into Georgia and be in a position to win the game with less than a minute to go is pretty impressive.
    UC basketball fans that are also OSU football fans are way worse in my opinion and so are UK basketball fans that never attended a class at UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Eighths View Post
    UC basketball fans that are also OSU football fans are way worse in my opinion and so are UK basketball fans that never attended a class at UK.
    What does this make me? I was raised a Xavier fan who began going to games at Schmidt Fieldhouse, but my undergrad is from UC and my Master's is from Thomas More. I now have a daughter attending UK. I've adopted UK's football team and happy that she gets to see the UK basketball team there and X when she is home. I figured it would be okay since the likelihood of X and UK meeting on the court the next 4 years is slim. I am a fan of UK now because I want her to experience what it is to have her future alma mater compete at the level it does.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I've adopted UK's football team
    LOL, enjoy the misery!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    LOL, enjoy the misery!
    Yeah. Yikes. I was at the Florida game. Reminded me of the Bengals the way they had it won and gave it away then then get blown out by Miss. State the next game. Things don't get easier. With South Carolina and Georgia in their next 3 games. They can make a bowl though. They can beat UL, UT Martin, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Missouri. Don't know about Arkansas. In any event, I did get my son a t-shirt with the state of Kentucky on it and a dead Cardinal lying on it. If nothing else, we can both wish nothing but losses on Louisville for the next several years.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!