Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    2-2 tie at UK. X was outshot and UK controlled a lot of the game, but they come out with a tie. Lucky, really, but a tie is better than a loss any day.
    I read that we were up 2-0 though, didn't get a chance to read the whole match report, UK's a helluva program, a tie is still good for the grand scheme of things, schedule gets a little easier before Big East play kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I read that we were up 2-0 though, didn't get a chance to read the whole match report, UK's a helluva program, a tie is still good for the grand scheme of things, schedule gets a little easier before Big East play kicks off.
    UK had a penalty kick blocked that likely would have won the game. X should run away from this and be happy with the tie. They will need to be able to hold a 2-0 lead against a good team, but soccer is soccer.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    UK had a penalty kick blocked that likely would have won the game. X should run away from this and be happy with the tie. They will need to be able to hold a 2-0 lead against a good team, but soccer is soccer.
    Ah okay, makes sense, I obviously didn't get a chance to stream, just followed along on twitter, unfortunate result against Memphis last night, but that's the nature of footy. I really like this team though looking through the roster, good balance of vets and freshmen that can contribute, and a superstar in Sergi in my opinion. All the makings of a solid squad moving forward.

If they’re not in the top ten, we forget how to play
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin