Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sophomore
    Assuming the Core 4 are gone after TY, where do you guys see the 5 "guards" getting their minutes next year (I'm referring to Kyky, Dwon, Dahmir, C.J. and Colby)? In other words, I assume these 5 guys will be getting the majority of the minutes at the PG, SG and SF positions - assuming no one transfers into any of those positions between now and then. Of course we don't know how Dontarius has developed over the summer, or how he will develop over the upcoming year, so maybe he will be taking serious minutes at the SF. Just curious at what the consensus is for these guys....

Sophomore
    Kinda tough to speculate before we’ve seen any of them play a college game

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    He's as much of a shooting guard as Naji is.
    I think that's a good way of phrasing it. And one thing to remember- these recruits don't get taller, they don't get more athletic, but they can and do learn how to shoot better.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think that's a good way of phrasing it. And one thing to remember- these recruits don't get taller, they don't get more athletic, but they can and do learn how to shoot better.
    Totally disagree....17 year olds have been known to experience growth spurts....AND X has a helluva Strength and Conditioning system to increase overall athletic prowess. Not to mention that our guys evidently get custom CHEF made meals....WOW!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Assuming the Core 4 are gone after TY, where do you guys see the 5 "guards" getting their minutes next year (I'm referring to Kyky, Dwon, Dahmir, C.J. and Colby)? In other words, I assume these 5 guys will be getting the majority of the minutes at the PG, SG and SF positions - assuming no one transfers into any of those positions between now and then. Of course we don't know how Dontarius has developed over the summer, or how he will develop over the upcoming year, so maybe he will be taking serious minutes at the SF. Just curious at what the consensus is for these guys....
    If I had to predict, assuming no transfers in(which won't be the case), it'll look something like this. That being said, I think they'll bring in a grad transfer because that is a very inexperienced 1-3.

1: Odom 30 Tandy 10
    2: Tandy 20 Bishop 15 Wilcher 5
    3: Jones 20 Wilcher 10 Bishop 10

Both Jones AND Wilcher seem to be destined for Naji’s Spot at the 3. Of course a “Combo/Swing” suits both of them well. Man, this guy Steele knows how to put pieces in place!!

President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Love it, Jones has really been blowing up on the recruiting circuit and could end up being another top 100 player for X, I think we're doing exactly what we should be on the recruiting trail, get in with a couple top 50 guys, and stay in the top 100, no reason a program like X shouldn't look attractive for these types of guys, exciting times coming up, truly!!

Colby Jones is an absolute recruiting gem. All credit to Steele & coaches for getting him on campus.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

He is extremely important to this team, he brings ball up, he rebounds so naturally, and his defense is solid. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Colby Jones is an absolute recruiting gem. All credit to Steele & coaches for getting him on campus.
    AMEN! What a great recruit! He just…..gets it.