Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Things are pretty good in TS's second year.

As a Xavier fan it is worth taking note on another successful coaching change. Whether it is promoting from within or being in a very good league it is hard to argue that we didn’t suffer much in the transition. ( if at all) TS is only in his second year and we are projected to be very good.

We have a roster that is loaded with both veteran talent and very impressive freshman. This does not even touch on the transfers who are getting rave reviews for practice and game performance in the 3 opponent Spain trip. They fill real needs and it should shape up to be a very great year.

The 2020 class has two very strong commits and if the recruiting experts are getting it right we are going to have a few more to pile on. The site I subscribe to for recruiting touts our staff as one on the most organized and innovative staffs they have seen and they cover multiple schools so they are not looking at this with blue glasses.

Contrast that with another school that ran their coach off just a few miles away. This year might not be a dumpster fire but unless things pick up 2020 is not going to be pretty. They just struck out with several recruits and now are turning to targets rated in the 180 – 350 range. We know from history that a few of those have strong careers but most do not set a foundation for a top 30 team. They got Harvey but we know that was because he had limited options. The transfer from NKU and the other commit for 2020 ( Saunders) are nothing to get excited about.

I can’t wait until the season gets here.

Would agree that things are looking pretty solid for Steele. If he can land another 4 star to next years class......that would be very impressive. Now he has to learn and grow FAST as a HC. We will see......

A slight dig here........when are X fans going to stop comparing our program to UC's? So frustrating to me...........if we want to take the next step, we have to set our sights on the TOP programs in the country.

Sophomore
    I agree life is good and i'm as excited for the future as anyone, but I'm not sure we can declare Travis a complete success just yet. Let's play a few games first.

And Bleed,
    Let's hope he lands two more 4 stars. Carlson and Jones/Lane

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Let's hope he lands two more 4 stars.
    I think the odds are in our favor that that's going to happen.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph85 View Post

Contrast that with another school that ran their coach off just a few miles away. This year might not be a dumpster fire but unless things pick up 2020 is not going to be pretty. They just struck out with several recruits and now are turning to targets rated in the 180 – 350 range. We know from history that a few of those have strong careers but most do not set a foundation for a top 30 team. They got Harvey but we know that was because he had limited options. The transfer from NKU and the other commit for 2020 ( Saunders) are nothing to get excited about.

It's a different recruiting profile. They have a tougher time than us consistently getting top 50 guys to pay attention.

They have to build a team based on kids they can develop over 4 years. It will likely work out better for them in the end, but they're not going to pass us.

Basically, they're us when we dominated the A10.

I agree life is good and i'm as excited for the future as anyone, but I'm not sure we can declare Travis a complete success just yet. Let's play a few games first.
    Yes, at least one in the NCAA Tournament before that "S" word is thrown around too broadly. But the vital signs are certainly positive.

Let's hope he lands two more 4 stars. Carlson and Jones/Lane
    Out of curiosity and if we can land one of the two, in your opinion who would you rather have or is a better fit Jones or Lane? I know Lane has a better 247 ranking, but not enough to concern me and they can always change (rivals has them ranked more closely).

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Would agree that things are looking pretty solid for Steele. If he can land another 4 star to next years class......that would be very impressive. Now he has to learn and grow FAST as a HC. We will see......

A slight dig here........when are X fans going to stop comparing our program to UC's? So frustrating to me...........if we want to take the next step, we have to set our sights on the TOP programs in the country.
    I think the comparison in this case is valid only because we both just went through/are going through coaching changes.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    It's a different recruiting profile. They have a tougher time than us consistently getting top 50 guys to pay attention.

They have to build a team based on kids they can develop over 4 years. It will likely work out better for them in the end, but they're not going to pass us.

Basically, they're us when we dominated the A10.
    I guess that's close. The A 10 was better overall when we played in it but the AAC actually gets pretty good recruiting classes. Better than the A -10 ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Out of curiosity and if we can land one of the two, in your opinion who would you rather have or is a better fit Jones or Lane? I know Lane has a better 247 ranking, but not enough to concern me and they can always change (rivals has them ranked more closely).
    From what I read they really want Jones. He kind of blew up over the summer.