Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And 64 year old Todd Lickliter is also suddenly leaving Evansville for the ever so popular "he wants to spend more time with his family" claim. So what's really going on at Evansville?
    Last edited by XU 87; 08-04-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I'm pretty sure X pays better than Eville, or Butler, for that matter. But going from head coach to coaching assistant is quite a drop in 2 years. The Xavier Way is sort of the Butler Way, with a lot bigger pile of money.
    The Butler Way, at least when it comes to their fan base, is much more about pure douchery and emulating the VD fan base with respect to its jealousy for Xavier. They have some real idiots on that board.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    And 64 year old Todd Lickliter is also suddenly leaving Evansville for the ever so popular "he wants to spend more time with his family" claim. So what's really gong on at Evansville?
    Yea quickly coming apart over there

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    He is filling Jeremy Growe's vacated position. Kinda wild that he would leave an assistant position at Evansville for this quasi assistant role, but Travis has a track record of being very persuasive
    My guess is that he wants a shot at a top job again and having Xavier on your resume, or getting hired away from, sounds stronger than getting hired away from Evansville. He might take that step down just to be associated with a higher profile name.

Freshman
    Is no one else the least bit bothrerd that XU would pluck a coach so close to the start of the season and or doewsnt it concern anyone that this coach wants to leave so close to the start of the reg. season? It does me!!

Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    Is no one else the least bit bothrerd that XU would pluck a coach so close to the start of the season and or doewsnt it concern anyone that this coach wants to leave so close to the start of the reg. season? It does me!!
    Dante Jackson was hired in mid-July last year.

Sophomore
    Why? If I were an Evansville fan I’d be worried. As a xavier fan it’s encouraging

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    My guess is that he wants a shot at a top job again and having Xavier on your resume, or getting hired away from, sounds stronger than getting hired away from Evansville. He might take that step down just to be associated with a higher profile name.
    True

No. LOL

Sophomore
    Don't let Graves' subpar record as Head Coach at South Alabama fool you, this is a GREAT addition to Xavier's staff. Matthew is a fine human, extremely intelligent, and was a huge part of their run to two Final Fours under Brad Stevens. He also should have been hired at Miami (OH) when they ultimately hired John Cooper in 2012 -- hey Redhawks, how'd that work out?

I'm not sure what assurances were made to Coach Graves to get him to come over into this non-coaching position, but know for sure that he is a huge addition to the team and the staff.