Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think he was saying before the tournament started and before seeing the draw, he thought that team was capable of final four. I don't think he thought X was beating UCLA, especially during the game.

Supporting Member
    Mario is a huge asset to the program. Love the fact that they are constantly looking to improve the program in all areas and look to a diverse group of constituents for input/insights.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    They got crushed by UCLA. The game we should have won was Duke. We were screwed over pretty good by Coach K's 3 cousins that officiated that game.
    Get Myles out of the game quickly after his fourth and it may have been a very different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Get Myles out of the game quickly after his fourth and it may have been a very different outcome.
    Agreed. It gave the Coach K Cousins an opportunity to pile on to their crap calls. They lazrered in on Myles.
    “Tequila is not even a drink; it’s a way for having the cops around without using a phone.” – Dylan Moran

So many of these games hurt to reflect back upon. 2007 OSU vs X in the tournament was another buzz kill. Up by 3 in regulation with only a few seconds left. All we needed to do was foul and we would have won. Instead, they hit a 3, go to overtime, and end up losing.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I think he was saying before the tournament started and before seeing the draw, he thought that team was capable of final four. I don't think he thought X was beating UCLA, especially during the game.
    Yep- heading into the tournament those three teams were the only ones I thought had a legit shot at reaching the final four which is why losing so early those two years were the most disappointing losses to me. Once we got to UCLA I didn't expect to beat them (thought we had a shot) so I wasn't disappointed in that. Same way I wasn't disappointed in the Kansas State loss. Hell of a game and team played great. FSU/Wisconsin, though? Rough.

Sophomore
    I remember losing to FSU thinking, "this X team was a great offensive team but did not play defense and it hit us in the rear."

Glad Travis sees a bigger picture and has all round athletes that can play defense.

Over next 8 years I see X making a Final 4 run.