Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

D&V podcast with Mario

Great podcast with fan questions for Mario. What’d you guys think?

Good discussion about “the era of disrespect”
    Last edited by scoscox; 08-03-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Junior
    Interesting about having an "alternate floor" for certain games. Also only 2 home unis this year, as tv said the greys are not good. I wish he had been asked if he thought X has been screwed with the Gavitt Games. Very "inside XUBB" podcast.

Thought it was really interesting. The scheduling discussion was a little hard to follow at times, but cleared up near the end. The talk about Cronin was hilarious and makes me look forward to seeing what happens between him and the desert bandit in the future. Thought the discussion about the recruiting process was also very good.

The grey unis weren't well received........shocker
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 08-05-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Link? Im not sure where I can find this podcast and googling D&V podcast just links back to this page, lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured out it was Dana and victory.... https://danaandvictorypodcast.podbean.com/

EDIT2: Its very apparent our program is in very good hands. Impressive listen
    Last edited by atljar; 08-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

It is a great listen... I've been in and out of it all morning... Mario is the BEST. Really forgot that he's been with the program for 20 years and through so many coaching changes. Time flies. One of the questions eludes to the recent addition to the staff. The question is asking Mario some of his most painful memories over the years and his answer is the butler clock game. He mentions that we're about to get a lot more information on that clock game very soon and it's about to get a lot more "personal". There had not yet been the announcement about Matthew Graves joining the staff at the point that this was recorded, but it's obvious now that is what Mario is referring to. Kind of funny, but obviously painful to remember that moment too. Total BS situation.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Junior
    The most disappointing losses to me are the two most obvious- Wisconsin as a 2 seed and FSU as a 1. The only other time I legitimately thought X had a shot at the final four heading into the tournament was the 3 seed that lost to UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The most disappointing losses to me are the two most obvious- Wisconsin as a 2 seed and FSU as a 1. The only other time I legitimately thought X had a shot at the final four heading into the tournament was the 3 seed that lost to UCLA.
    that UCLA team had Westbrook and Love........ran into a buzzsaw

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    that UCLA team had Westbrook and Love........ran into a buzzsaw
    ...and Collison...and Mbah A Moute....they were a problem.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    They got crushed by UCLA. The game we should have won was Duke. We were screwed over pretty good by Coach K's 3 cousins that officiated that game.