Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Lunardi has us as one of the last four byes this week and a #11 seed. It sure would be nice to beat Butler and get to more solid footing, but given where we were two weeks ago it's pretty hard to complain about our status. Lunardi also has Wichita State as one of the last 4 with a bye, but I don't see it with the way they're floundering. They seem like a Dayton team at best right now, but it's February 11, so we'll see. Cincinnati is the first team out according to Joe, but I think they're on the rise. I could see them only losing once more the rest of the way to Ft. Worth.

It's starting to get interesting!
    I don't really see anything about WSU's resume that makes it better than ours, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they finished the season 3-5. For that matter, I don't see much comparison between our resume and any of the other last 4 byes. The only reason to have Florida ahead of us is the head to head win and Virginia doesn't have much to show for themselves. Even looking at his other 10 seeds (Arkansas, Purdue, and USC) I don't see much that shows they have better resume's than us either.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a bit of a hold over waiting for us to prove it one more time before he jumps us up.

A win on Wednesday @Butler would surely jump us up ahead of them.

I'm sick of "little Xavier" sneaking up on people.
    X should be expected in the tourney every year.
    Nobody says, "boy! Gonzaga looks surprisingly good this year!" or "hey that Arizona team is good!"

High expectations demand results.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Nobody says, "boy! Gonzaga looks surprisingly good this year!" or "hey that Arizona team is good!"

They are. Hence why everyone was questioning steele about two weeks ago when seeing the real possibility of missing the tournament two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post

My comments were tongue in cheek, and I'm pretty sure everyone else's were as well. I mean, nobody REALLY says that about Xavier outside of this board, and most of the people who say it here are either half kidding or totally kidding.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    My comments were tongue in cheek, and I'm pretty sure everyone else's were as well. I mean, nobody REALLY says that about Xavier outside of this board, and most of the people who say it here are either half kidding or totally kidding.
    XUKeith doesn't read sarcasm font well
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Exactly.

Sneaking up forever!
    Being ranked never!

Sneaking up forever!
    Being ranked never!
    It is the Steele Way.

i'm not saying Lunardi is right, but as of today, he's still got Xavier in the first four byes category. So IF he's right, I'd say we're still on relatively shaky ground. One win this week would go a long way towards firmer footing!

He still has UC in (in Dayton). Wichita State's rally from 24 down at SMU yesterday has so far only earned them a trip to Dayton according to Lunardi.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

i'm not saying Lunardi is right, but as of today, he's still got Xavier in the first four byes category. So IF he's right, I'd say we're still on relatively shaky ground. One win this week would go a long way towards firmer footing!

He still has UC in (in Dayton). Wichita State's rally from 24 down at SMU yesterday has so far only earned them a trip to Dayton according to Lunardi.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    Lunardi seems to be shuffling those last 8 teams around so often that he's releasing an update when Evansville/Southern Illinois goes final. I guess he really needed to up his twitter content this season.