Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Bracketology 2020

Too soon? Never! The latest one has us as the very last team in, earning the always fun trip to Dayton to play Kansas State. Now, I don't think that's ideal, and I think it's underrating the Muskies significantly, but it actually would be kind of a fun scenario if it played out exactly has Joe predicts here. Why? Because Xavier is the last team in, and Dayton is the first team out. I would enjoy that.

But I'd enjoy a nice 5 seed much more.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

It would be interesting to see how this "way too early" bracketology compares to reality on Selection Sunday. I would think Travis and the team would be very upset with their performance if they only ended up as an 11 seed and the last team in. I just don't see it being anywhere near that close. As for cincinnati... I just don't get who sees any value in them. They are basically a one man show with a new head coach. They are going to be BAD. They'll have wins just because they play the likes of Tulsa and Tulane, but they are going to have zero quad one or quad two wins.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Lunardi is a hack. Palm's competing bracketology came out yesterday, and has Xavier as a 7-seed. A 7-seed is much more consistent with most of the early power ratings where Xavier is mostly ranked between 15 and 30. Even Lunardi's ESPN home has the Muskies in the top 25. Maybe Lunardi knows something that everyone else has missed. More likely, he knows less.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    It would be interesting to see how this "way too early" bracketology compares to reality on Selection Sunday. I would think Travis and the team would be very upset with their performance if they only ended up as an 11 seed and the last team in. I just don't see it being anywhere near that close. As for cincinnati... I just don't get who sees any value in them. They are basically a one man show with a new head coach. They are going to be BAD. They'll have wins just because they play the likes of Tulsa and Tulane, but they are going to have zero quad one or quad two wins.
    I agree with your initial point(s), Travis and Company should be VERY disappointed if they are a double-digit seed, especially to the point they have to play in Dayton.

I don't agree with you about Cincinnati being terrible. I certainly think they're going to catch a beating at Cintas, but I still think they are a 20 win team and will be comfortably above the bubble.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Lunardi is a hack. Palm's competing bracketology came out yesterday, and has Xavier as a 7-seed. A 7-seed is much more consistent with most of the early power ratings where Xavier is mostly ranked between 15 and 30. Even Lunardi's ESPN home has the Muskies in the top 25. Maybe Lunardi knows something that everyone else has missed. More likely, he knows less.
    Jerry having us as a 7....against UL as the 2 in the 2nd round...is so predictable. He falls in love with the "fun story" match-ups.

Side-note, not for nothing, I'm not sure we want any piece of UL this year in the tourney, unless of course we can get them in the Final Four, which, at that point, I won't be picky!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Jerry having us as a 7....against UL as the 2 in the 2nd round...is so predictable. He falls in love with the "fun story" match-ups.

Side-note, not for nothing, I'm not sure we want any piece of UL this year in the tourney, unless of course we can get them in the Final Four, which, at that point, I won't be picky!
    Louisville is way over ranked this year and let's be honest, even if they do happen to have a good reg season as a one or two seed, they will lose the first weekend.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Louisville is way over ranked this year and let's be honest, even if they do happen to have a good reg season as a one or two seed, they will lose the first weekend.
    CM took X beyond the first weekend a number of times. What makes you think he would not do that at UL?

I hope X does great this upcoming season. Thinking about all the past incoming rated frosh, X frosh have a huge learning curve. Look at Naji, Scruggs, Macura, Holloway, etc. as frosh they made some contribution but the main offensive source came from juniors and seniors.

I think the core 4 plus 2 grad transfers will carry the team and maybe 2 frosh will make some contribution. The following year, with Odom, CJ, and other ranked frosh, will be good with the 5 sophomores(Freemantle, Bishop, Tandy, Ramsey, and Miles) contributing a lot more.

Hope I am wrong and 2 frosh end up averaging 10 points but the past has shown me frosh don't contribute a TON. X will be a NCAA at- large team. We shall see.

Sophomore
    Probably right Keith. If you look at who the freshmen are ranked near you’ll see guys like Quentin goodin, josh Duncan, jp macura, Edmond sumner, etc. it’s probably reasonable to expect a similar level of production as those guys.

5 Ed's would be good.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 08-03-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16