Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Also who is this idiot working for ESPN BUBBLE WATCH?

will need to call upon its road-warrior spirit. Games at Butler and St. John's are up next, and even at this late date, this is still a team that could well finish under .500 in conference play. Will the committee focus on the win in Newark at the expense of, say, an 8-10 record in a good but not especially mighty Big East? It might be better not to test the question

Good BIG EAST? Are you kidding me? It’s the #2 ranked conference with 5 ranked teams plus Xavier. Yes they are mighty this year. You know who isn’t mighty? YOUR ACC currently ranked 6th.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    GIVE ME DAYTON!!!!! Louisville is legit but as the season goes on Dayton clearly isnt as great as I thought they were. They are still very good but they are A-10 good. GIVE ME DAYTON. A
    I think we would destroy them.

I get that they took Kansas to OT, but that was ages ago. VD couldn't handle BE level competition night in and night out. And I would like our chances now, given how we're playing now and especially due to our defense.
    X A V I E R

Ya history says we arent going to lose to VD. It would be cool to add Trump's face to the lineup though!

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Ya history says we arent going to lose to VD. It would be cool to add Trump's face to the lineup though!
    That's sort of mixing apples and pork bellies, though, given that the streak is about Dayton's inability to win at Xavier. Unfortunately, they beat us more than a few times during that stretch.

I've got Dayton with 22 wins over Xavier since the Jimmy Carter streak started. I've got Xavier with 45 wins in the same timeframe.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 02-10-2020 at 01:18 PM.

I hate to say it, but I think people are really underestimating Dayton. Their offense is good enough that when it's rolling, it doesn't matter what your defense looks like. Their computer numbers are through the roof.

I'll be rooting for them to go cold and suffer a gut wrenching second round loss to a mediocre ACC team.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post

I'll be rooting for them to go cold and suffer a gut wrenching second round loss to a mediocre ACC team.
    I'm not running for anything, but I approve of this message
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think people are really underestimating Dayton. Their offense is good enough that when it's rolling, it doesn't matter what your defense looks like. Their computer numbers are through the roof.

Generated against teams like LossSalle, Fordham, GW....see where I'm going with this.

And it's VD. Who said they would even make it to the second round. How about a first round upset by Arkansas Pigs Knuckle University.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Generated against teams like LossSalle, Fordham, GW....see where I'm going with this.

And it's VD. Who said they would even make it to the second round. How about a first round upset by Arkansas Pigs Knuckle University.
    This kind of sounds like what we had to hear from other fan bases when we were in the A10.

Anything can happen in the NCAA tournament. Upsets happen...

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    This kind of sounds like what we had to hear from other fan bases when we were in the A10.

Anything can happen in the NCAA tournament. Upsets happen...
    With one important distinction: when we were in the A10, so was Temple and for one year Butler. When we were in the A10 early on, so was Virginia Tech (not that they accomplished much, but still). The A10 when we were in it actually gave the BE a slight run for a few years. Think in terms of the Xavier and St. Joe's year we both made it to the E8 (their Jameer Nelson years).

I agree that anything can happen in the NCAAT.

But the A10 is a shell of its former self and I believe that to be rather irrefutable.
    X A V I E R

The A-10 is definitely down. But Dayton is really, really good despite their league. Like Gonzaga. Like San Diego State. I don't mind if we get Dayton, because that means we're in the second round! But we'd rightly be significant dogs. Certainly a game we'd be capable of winning, though.