Program return on investment

Found the following scatter graph and thought I would share it, as I don't recall seeing it posted on our board previously:

NCAA PROGRAM ROI.jpg

No surprises really. Xavier, Butler and Gonzaga being clustered close together certainly makes sense.

Since it comes up in small fashion, here's the link:

https://twitter.com/jgtrends/status/...635457/photo/1

How about Georgetown? Woof!
    Last edited by xudash; 07-25-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    X A V I E R

You look down that thread and they have several different tweaked charts with weighted wins/games played, etc. It's interesting.

Even a school like Syracuse comes out badly, as they've had great success yet compared to what they've spent it seems too small of a return.

And hard to think of how small the ROI for MU and GU is! I wonder if them playing in an NBA arena has anything to do with that? MU, GU, SU, UofL...all play in city-centric large arenas. People often say they want Cincinnati to have something like the Louisville Yum center, but the expense of that is huge and I doubt the taxpayers are getting much of a return on it overall.

According to discussion in that thread:
    Butler - 3.93 wins/$10M spent
    UNC - 3.92

The worst?
    Vanderbilt - 0.13
    Oklahoma State - 0.12

FYI:
    Duke - 1.41
    Georgetown - 0.28
    TCU (17th in total spending) and Auburn (20th) both spent over $80 million and failed to even make the tournament between 2008 and 2017. Both got bids in 2018, though. And TCU was one of the first four out last year and Auburn made the Final Four. So they've righted their ships. Alabama is the biggest spender for a team who made it to the tournament but didn't advance to the second round.
    Last edited by sirthought; 07-26-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Following this topic further from @JGTRENDS

XU is in the quadrants of more expense/less wins for 2013-2017

So I think this is answering if your program has gotten better at spending money in order to achieve a greater ROI. I think XU is slightly on the negative side here. But the balance between the different data charts is somewhat confusing.
    Last edited by sirthought; 07-26-2019 at 05:00 AM.

In the past decade ('08-'17), how much has each team paid for each their tourny wins (Expense/Tourny Win)? Another way to look at the ROI of a program when paired with total expenses.

The original data comes from the Equity in Athletics Data Analysis reports from the Department of Education. (link: http://ope.ed.gov/athletics)

I don't understand all this nerd speak. Are they trying to say Xaver is a good ROTI?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

They need to produce one that has games played, not just wins. You get a Tourney Unit weather you win or lose!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    People often say they want Cincinnati to have something like the Louisville Yum center, but the expense of that is huge and I doubt the taxpayers are getting much of a return on it overall.
    More unused stadiums is just what we need.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.