Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    A lot of people argue against a new stadium, especially downtown. Traffic is usually the first point they argue, but I’ve found downtown stadiums like Jax, or Cincinnati for that matter, offer more options in terms of roads leading away from the stadium. Works fine for me.

The Bills owners bought the Sabres before buying the Bills. They have already invested heavily improving the downtown area, and I expect that to continue when the Bills get their new stadium. A roof, retractable or otherwise, would not surprise me either to allow for more than just football games. It’s amazing how far one multi-billionaire can go in almost single handedly turning a city around!
    Exactly.

Shad Kahn is doing just that here in Jacksonville. Downtown development is about to really take off. There is a ton of potential on the St. John's River.

BTW, the paper mentioned 50,000 for the concert. And I didn't realize they're only doing 13 sites for this final tour.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Exactly.

Shad Kahn is doing just that here in Jacksonville. Downtown development is about to really take off. There is a ton of potential on the St. John's River.

BTW, the paper mentioned 50,000 for the concert. And I didn't realize they're only doing 13 sites for this final tour.
    I suspect half the people opposed to a downtown stadium don’t want to lose their current cheap tailgate where they can get shitfaced and jump off of RV’s onto tables burning in lighter fluid. They don’t want to buy from any venue that might provide additional revenue for the owners and the NFL. They paid $1.4 BILLION for the Bills, largely because Kim grew up in the area and didn’t want them to leave. They can make a few bucks on me at the tailgate. The rest are people who don’t want ticket prices to increase, and I get that as it’s hard on many people.

Regardless, it’s amazing how the owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, can transform a city when city, county and state politicians just chase people away with the taxes while accomplishing so little. The Sabres previous owner, Tom Golisano, bought them to keep them in Buffalo when they had troubles. Golisano later moved from WNY to Naples saying he loved the area, “but can you blame me if I leave to save $13,800 A DAY in taxes?!?!

Pegula was told he couldn’t make money there at $1.4 Billion for the Bills. He responded if he was trying to make money, he’d drill another oil well. I’ll let the guy make a few bucks to save a city.