Thread: Wimbledon

Wimbledon

Doesn't require a lot of words.

EPIC.

Federer and the Joker were brilliant. It was a shame someone had to lose.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Doesn't require a lot of words.

EPIC.

Federer and the Joker were brilliant. It was a shame someone had to lose.
    best i've watched in a long time.
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

Thought Federer had it with 2 match points on serve. Was fun to watch great tennis.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Fed outplayed Novak for most of the match, and controlled the majority of the rallies. But Novak is tough, and perhaps Fed just wore out considering his advanced age of 37 (almost 38). Both were clearly deserving. It was one helluva match.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

All time great match! Roger actually won 14 more points, largely due to Novak tanking the second set. If Djokovic wants to be loved like Federer and Nadal, maybe he should stop whining and wipe that smug look off his face after winning. Federer was genuinely more gracious in defeat than Djokovic was in victory (but he’s come a long way in faking it).

Fantastic tennis! I loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Fed outplayed Novak for most of the match, and controlled the majority of the rallies. But Novak is tough, and perhaps Fed just wore out considering his advanced age of 37 (almost 38). Both were clearly deserving. It was one helluva match.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Two sets go to tie breaks. I recall one point with Federer winning it after 35 strokes. And the 5th set? Well, my God: 13 to 12 after a 7/3 finish to wrap it up.

Seriously, what was even better than the tennis were their post-match court interviews. PURE CLASS. And with humor (Federer looking over at his box and mentioning that the kids aren't going to be as happy with the "plate".

Excellence in the sport. Grace in winning or losing. Human endeavor at the highest level.
    X A V I E R

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Two sets go to tie breaks. I recall one point with Federer winning it after 35 strokes. And the 5th set? Well, my God: 13 to 12 after a 7/3 finish to wrap it up.

Seriously, what was even better than the tennis were their post-match court interviews. PURE CLASS. And with humor (Federer looking over at his box and mentioning that the kids aren't going to be as happy with the "plate".

Excellence in the sport. Grace in winning or losing. Human endeavor at the highest level.
    I liked it when Fed basically said that he hoped to give 37-year olds belief that they aren't too old. Then Novak said he planned to remember that when he gets to 37.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I liked it when Fed basically said that he hoped to give 37-year olds belief that they aren't too old. Then Novak said he planned to remember that when he gets to 37.
    Yes. Forgot about that one. That got a good laugh from the crowd.

BTW, the renovations at Wimbledon are spectacular.
    X A V I E R