Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    an extremely close game against the Bobby's vaunted IU team in the tourney.
    Man that was a great effort against what was arguably Bobby’s second most talented team (behind 76 squad). They went 17-1 in the Big 10 while beating Michigan’s fab five twice. However, Kansas had their number that year and beat them twice.

After looking back at that Xavier team, I forgot how talented they were. 4 future NBA players in Grant, Williams, Hawkins, and Larry Sykes (ok just one game for the Celtics but still counts). Think this might be close to contradicting my statement I said about the 1990 team a few days ago lol.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Frambo View Post
    https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/...s-is-so-scared

My favorite......Sumner in crosstown shootout
    This one is nice.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    Favorite Dunk: Lionel Chalmers in NCAA Tournament (believe it was against Mississippi State). Drove down the center of the lane and flushed it while guarded. Before that moment, didn't know he could dunk. I couldn't find video, but DAMN it was awesome.
    I believe it was against Louisville in round one. I remember laying on my couch thinking we were going to lose that game, and he had that dunk, and the whole game turned.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Right before he makes his move, watch how Josh Duncan motions him to "go on - take it to the rack!"

The Grey Ghost get's my vote.
    I will love this one till the day I die, but the thing that pissed me off is the complete lack of reaction, additional commentary about that unbelievable backward twirling circus dunk in an extremely close game against the Bobby's vaunted IU team in the tourney. Even during the replay they continued discussing the upcoming foul shots and not another word about the dunk.
    The audio is from the IU radio broadcast, not the TV broadcast. The announcer is Don Fisher, who has been broadcasting IU games forever.

Maybe not #1, but worth a mention is Mark Lyons at the end of the Round of 32 game against Lehigh. Not just for the dunk, but also how it rankled the "be a good sport and run out the clock" crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Op4yxxB0nws
    Last edited by usfldan; 07-13-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Man that was a great effort against what was arguably Bobby’s second most talented team (behind 76 squad). They went 17-1 in the Big 10 while beating Michigan’s fab five twice. However, Kansas had their number that year and beat them twice.

After looking back at that Xavier team, I forgot how talented they were. 4 future NBA players in Grant, Williams, Hawkins, and Larry Sykes (ok just one game for the Celtics but still counts). Think this might be close to contradicting my statement I said about the 1990 team a few days ago lol.
    Pete Gillen developed a lot of really talented guys. He doesn't get enough credit for that sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I believe it was against Louisville in round one. I remember laying on my couch thinking we were going to lose that game, and he had that dunk, and the whole game turned.
    I stand corrected. +1

Check out 2nd half play by play @ 10:34:

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...319_LOU@XAVIER

This is a fun off season thread!

Watching that IU game was blood pumping.

I say the Aaron Williams baseline dunk against IU in 2nd round NCAA was amazing.

Sophomore
    Great thread.

President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club