Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA Women WC

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    More to do with rapinoe the hypocrite and the ridiculous arrogance of some of the team.

I have zero issue with a team doing things such as beating a team 13-0...if you dont want it to happen, then get better. However, choreographed celebrations when its 10 or 11 to zero is not needed.
    I won't argue. I'll just suggest that you simply stop watching. Things like choreographed celebrations are not going to change anytime soon.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I won't argue. I'll just suggest that you simply stop watching. Things like choreographed celebrations are not going to change anytime soon.
    I don't watch, I saw the highlights on the interwebs and sportscenter.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    More to do with rapinoe the hypocrite and the ridiculous arrogance of some of the team.

I have zero issue with a team doing things such as beating a team 13-0...if you dont want it to happen, then get better. However, choreographed celebrations when its 10 or 11 to zero is not needed.
    Other than you not liking Rapinoe, why do you call her a hypocrite?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I don't watch, I saw the highlights on the interwebs and sportscenter.
    Understood. Well, try to ignore it then. Soccer (in most of the world, anyway) doesn't care if it's liked or not. Both the players and the fas are who they are, they do what they do, and they don't care if not everyone is with them. Our women's team has what I think is a typical soccer mindset, which means they don't care about people who complain about their antics.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Other than you not liking Rapinoe, why do you call her a hypocrite?
    Shes hate filled and let's it out to people who disagree with her opinions...the same thing she rails against our president for. It's the typical liberal playbook.

Supporting Member
    Understood. Well, try to ignore it then. Soccer (in most of the world, anyway) doesn't care if it's liked or not. Both the players and the fas are who they are, they do what they do, and they don't care if not everyone is with them. Our women's team has what I think is a typical soccer mindset, which means they don't care about people who complain about their antics.
    Or I could just have the opinion that it's ridiculous and not needed. This is a message board right? Telling someone to try to ignore something when I love sports and thus watch sports related TV and look at web content related to sports is pretty much impossible.

Plus, the us women probably should care if they ever want to win their stupid money fight. Only way they ever win that battle is if they get more eyeballs.
    Last edited by Xville; 07-03-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Shes hate filled and let's it out to people who disagree with her opinions...the same thing she rails against our president for. It's the typical liberal playbook.
    Still don't understand the charge of hypocrisy. And just to be clear, how does her letting "it out to people who disagree with her opinions" differ from what you are doing on this board? Are you also a hypocrite?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Interesting take. Not disagreeing, just curious how you know what other people are thinking and feeling?

Am I in the right thread?????

I'm not a Rapinoe fan either simply b/c I think she's overextended her reach. She a soccer player. But, in today's world, she has a platform like many famous athletes.

I choose to ignore her as much as I can and know that in less than a week she will be mostly forgotten.