Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: FIFA Women WC

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Then splain this: if standing is not political, why do you (and your beloved Prez) insist that people stand?
    Very simple. Standing is showing respect for your country. It is, and has been, the normally accepted practice for years regardless of one’s political views, and has no political implications whatsoever. Kneeling is a deviation from the norm intended solely to show disrespect to your country because of a political issue.

I actually support her right to kneel. Or sit, or do a headstand or WTF she wants. That’s why it’s a great country! Trying to stop that, I believe, shows far more disrespect to our country and our freedom than someone kneeling in protest.
    Last edited by Muskie in dayton; 07-08-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fat fingered it
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Very simple. Standing is showing respect for your country. It is, and has been, the normally accepted practice for years regardless of one’s political views, and has no political implications whatsoever. Kneeling is a deviation from the norm intended solely to show disrespect to your country because of a political issue.

I actually support her right to kneel. Or sit, or do a headstand or WTF she wants. That’s why it’s a great country! Trying to stop that, I believe, shows far more disrespect to our country and our freedom than someone kneeling in protest.
    Wait. Showing respect is not political, but showing disrespect is political??? Makes no logical sense.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member
    Wait. Showing respect is not political, but showing disrespect is political??? Makes no logical sense.
    The basis for the disrespect is political. The basis for respect is not. Pretty simple...
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    The basis for the disrespect is political. The basis for respect is not. Pretty simple...
    You can just as logically make the same argument, but the other way around. It makes no sense either way.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I can't take full credit for this, but....

Megan Rapinoe scored the winning goal. It was a PK to the right side. The keeper went left. Both the keeper and Trump must have been stunned to see Rapinoe go to the right.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I can't take full credit for this, but....

Megan Rapinoe scored the winning goal. It was a PK to the right side. The keeper went left. Both the keeper and Trump must have been stunned to see Rapinoe go to the right.
    I predicted she would go right. Both her PK goals against France were to the left corner. Against the Netherlands goalie, she showed left (freezing the goalie) and then blasted it right. And of course Rose Lavelle also went right with her left-footed blast. What a shot that was! Her momentum on the kick almost put her on her back.

Okay, I thought the joke would be more obvious. Nevermind.

yeah...I got it......pretty good

It was. what's your point?

It was. what's your point?
    You didn't acknowledge it was a joke, so I didn't think you knew that it was. You just went on to explain how and why you thought she'd go to the right.