Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UCONN to Big East Official

UConn is coming home.
    On Wednesday, the UConn Board of Trustees voted unanimously to accept an offer from the Big East Conference to join the league in all sports offered. A press conference is scheduled for Thursday in New York City where the school and the conference will make their reunification complete.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Looking forward to it!

And wondering after the press conference, which bar are the women’s basketball coaches going to for group therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Looking forward to it!

And wondering after the press conference, which bar are the women’s basketball coaches going to for group therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, can't say the women's coaches are too thrilled, pretty cool to think about Geno walking around Cintas though, would have loved Calhoun too, excited for this, I think it's a good move, and strengthens the conference. A whole helluva lot better than adding some crap team like Dayton.

Welcome. Should be exciting. I hope we can keep the scheduling concept of home and away.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, can't say the women's coaches are too thrilled, pretty cool to think about Geno walking around Cintas though, would have loved Calhoun too, excited for this, I think it's a good move, and strengthens the conference. A whole helluva lot better than adding some crap team like Dayton.
    Really? BE women's coaches should be thrilled. Come to Xavier and play against the best twice a year? Should result in better recruits......

Supporting Member
    Does UConn have to go through the RCIA process first? Do they need a sponsor?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Val did a great job again. 3.5 m entrance fee and 30 m exit fee for 1st 6 yrs. Awesome. If UConn leaves we get 30 mill and still have the RR. Ha! i'm sure she will be squeezing Fox for more bucks too.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Does UConn have to go through the RCIA process first? Do they need a sponsor?
    They will have to go through Manressa. I hope they are not as hung over as we were. I have some stories from that time in my life..... they aren’t foggy, however......

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Really? BE women's coaches should be thrilled. Come to Xavier and play against the best twice a year? Should result in better recruits......
    I don't know, I think the talent disparity is a big bigger in the women's game, it's tougher for teams to knock out the giants like UCONN, I'm hoping you're right though, would love to see a talent increase due to having the most storied women's program in the country in the Big East, hoping our staff relishes the challenge, but I can tell you I'm not jealous of having to game plan against them at all haha.

Wednesdays @ the BET should be crazy. Triple Header? better get a bye.
    2023 Sweet 16