Sumner signs 3 year deal with the Pacers

The Pacers recently declined Sumner's 1.5 million dollar option for 19-20 in order to sign him to a longer term deal. Today they signed him to a 3 year deal with the first two years guaranteed. I assume he'll be making more per year than his declined option. Good for him. Dude has been through a lot to get to this point.

I am so glad to hear this news. It’s been a long wait. Congrats Ed.

That’s awesome news! Congrats!

(And please be smart with your money!)

Do you think he’s gotten a letter or an email from the fundraisers at Xavier yet? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Do you think he’s gotten a letter or an email from the fundraisers at Xavier yet? :-)
    Oh if Ed played in Siberia, they would find him and ask for a donation. Those guys at the annual fund can find anybody! So yes they have.

Honestly, made the calls myself during school. X community has been great!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Oh if Ed played in Siberia, they would find him and ask for a donation. Those guys at the annual fund can find anybody! So yes they have.

Honestly, made the calls myself during school. X community has been great!
    I happen to think I’m quite generous. I donate about .0055% of my average annual tab while at Danas. That might sound small, but I suspect it’s more than the GDP of some countries in Africa.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Ed seems like the kind of guy to be pretty generous to xavier if he gets a long term contract anywhere. He's always been pretty vocal about how much he loves xavier

Great news for Ed... really glad this worked out for him. He was so special to watch for the short time we had him. Thank you Victor Oladipo for getting injured and opening up a spot for Edmond to get some sustained time with the big club. Look forward to seeing how Ed continues to develop over the next 3 years and beyond hopefully.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Pacers also have signed former rookie-of-the-year Malcolm Brogdon, which is bad news for Sumner if he is hoping to increase his playing time. Also Darren Collison retired, so that might even out his opportunity.

I actually like what the Pacers have been doing to build their roster. They brought on TJ Warren, and now with Brogdon and Sumner they have more guys who can score in multiple ways to balance out Victor O. If people stay healthy I think they'll make a bigger noise in the East than last season.

I like Ed a lot, I think he's got the athleticism to definitely carve out a career in the NBA, glad the Pacers see potential in him, and glad he got a good little paycheck. Hoping that we can continue to get X guys to stick in the NBA, which I think would bring in some better recruits moving forward too! Speaking of Christon looked pretty sharp in Summer League action the other night, 13 points, and 11 assists with only one turnover, would love to see him break out a bit as well!