Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Val did a great job again. 3.5 m entrance fee and 30 m exit fee for 1st 6 yrs. Awesome. If UConn leaves we get 30 mill and still have the RR. Ha! i'm sure she will be squeezing Fox for more bucks too.
    Turkey draw! $350k each.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    Welcome. Should be exciting. I hope we can keep the scheduling concept of home and away.
    Supposedly they will expand the league games from 18 to 20 and retain the round robin format.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Turkey draw! $350k each.
    I actually think it benefitted both parties really well, this still gives UCONN the ability to try to get a P5 invite to keep football around in the mid 2020's, though their fans think that's about a 25% chance, but it doesn't completely close the door on it. The Big East conference profile improves with a program that's historically been very good. Hurley in my opinion is the right man for the job, UCONN will probably have less travel due to the concentration of Big East teams in the North East, and The Big East will most likely own MSG for years to come for the conference tournament, and probably get a better TV deal now. Wonder how the assholes in Bristol feel about this...

Junior
    ESPN will continue to act like the Big East is the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    They will have to go through Manressa. I hope they are not as hung over as we were. I have some stories from that time in my life..... they aren’t foggy, however......
    Ah yes... Manressa... good times indeed!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It looks like they're still negotiating the exact date of departure with the American; they haven't explicitly stated that 2020-21 will be the first year of competition for UConn in the Big East. Officially, they would need 27 months notice to leave the conference, but it's not going to do anyone any good for them to be a lame duck for 2 seasons.

Xavier will be in the same conference as UConn - 4 times National Champ in the last 20 years UConn - that is just amazing! Just a few years ago we played St Bonnie, Duquense, LaSalle and Fordham every year. It seems almost impossible!

Yeah when I was a kid the big game we focused on was playing Evansville. Talk about making the most of your opportunities to ascend.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1144375361305743360

seemed to go over fairly well.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Not to be that guy, but that's a edited video of a reaction in England to a WC goal lmfao just in case anybody didn't know, but regardless, UCONN fans are very excited.