Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It looks like they're still negotiating the exact date of departure with the American; they haven't explicitly stated that 2020-21 will be the first year of competition for UConn in the Big East. Officially, they would need 27 months notice to leave the conference, but it's not going to do anyone any good for them to be a lame duck for 2 seasons.
    They have to pay more money if they leave sooner than 27 months. I could see the AAC wanting to collect.

BTW, our mutual UConn friend tells me they've had over 2000 new season ticket requests in the last four days. That's after they had a huge drop off when they instituted seat licensing. So...I think that would cover the extra money for leaving early.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A nice dark beer that Geno's drinking in that picture, that's the face of happiness right there. Awesome article, really shows how excited UCONN is about getting back into the Big East. I'm obviously through the roof happy X is in the new Big East, but the old Big East as a basketball conference was really fun to watch, I'm sure they feel a lot more at home, really is a bit of a honeymoon period up there in Storrs.

UConn football needs to hurry up and find teams to play if they are not in any conference.

This is a good and messy scheduling issue:
    https://www.theuconnblog.com/2019/6/...as-independent

UConn getting a slap on the wrist for violations when former head coach Kevin Ollie was at the helm. Loses a scholarship for next season and some recruiting restrictions... which don't appear to be hurting them. Those were largely already self imposed anyway. I guess Ollie has to be out of the limelight for the next 2 seasons too. Still waiting on the death penalty for looserville though.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Wait, is adding Connecticut going to raise taxes on the rest of us?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    UConn getting a slap on the wrist for violations when former head coach Kevin Ollie was at the helm. Loses a scholarship for next season and some recruiting restrictions... which don't appear to be hurting them. Those were largely already self imposed anyway. I guess Ollie has to be out of the limelight for the next 2 seasons too. Still waiting on the death penalty for looserville though.
    Kevin Ollie sued UConn for $10 million that he claimed he was owed because of his contract. UConn, of course, claimed that he was fired for cause and that they don't owe him anything.

UConn is now on probation. Ironically, this kind of supports their claim that Ollie was fired for cause, which could end up saving them ten million bucks.

This is a wonderful moment from the Kevin Ollie era at UConn! Whenever I feel bad about how one of my favorite teams is playing, I can always come back to this missed freethrow...

https://twitter.com/Russ_Steinberg/s...00292792016896

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Kevin Ollie sued UConn for $10 million that he claimed he was owed because of his contract. UConn, of course, claimed that he was fired for cause and that they don't owe him anything.

UConn is now on probation. Ironically, this kind of supports their claim that Ollie was fired for cause, which could end up saving them ten million bucks.
    True, except I recall that OSU went on probation under Jim O'Brien. He sued OSU for wrongful termination and won. Court found that he didn't do anything wrong and that the NCAA was essentially wrong in their findings.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    One of the funniest tweets I saw was "We paid enough penalty having to be in the AAC for 8 years, that's why the NCAA went light on us."