Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Why did X offer him a scholarship if we have guards a plenty oral commits? Unless it is an insurance plan if Dwon and CJ change minds. I too think X needs a big post top 75 player now.
    They signed three in the 2019 class. Why do they need another? That's especially considering Naji and Paul are likely gone along with Quentin. They need wings and guards.

Sophomore
    Why did X offer him a scholarship if we have guards a plenty oral commits? Unless it is an insurance plan if Dwon and CJ change minds. I too think X needs a big post top 75 player now.
    we lose a lot of guards next year. we probably need to sign at least one more in this class. i'd say he's more of an insurance policy if we don't get niels lane or colby jones.

If Paul Scruggs decides to suit up as a Senior....no issues. It is after all a guard oriented college game. However if things shake out as expected, our backcourt experience will consist of 2 second year guys along with Dwon + CJ, barring anything crazy of course. That seems pretty thin in a guard heavy BEast, and who’s to say everything pans out. Had we added a sit 1 play 2 transfer like DJ Harvey all’s good, but as it stands, isn’t there 4 open slots for 2020? Expect Steele/staff to stay aggressive in landing another high 2020 guard.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-16-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Xavier is apparently one of several teams getting involved with late-riser JJ Traynor. Guys like 'brew can tell you what an absolute legend his dad (Jason Osborne) was in Louisville. McDonalds All-American, can't miss NBA star, etc. etc. who essentially smoked and flunked his way out of UofL. Hopefully this kid has a better head on his shoulders than his dad (and perhaps his dad has spent the last 17 years telling this kid not to make the same mistakes he did), because if he has half the raw physical ability of his dad he could be a stud.

Side note in looking at the article: it's nice being in that second group of schools listed as coming in late on one of these kids instead of the first group where we used to be: getting in on these "hidden gems" early and trying to hold off the "big schools" once they figured out a kid could play.

https://247sports.com/college/louisv...ier-133676984/

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They signed three in the 2019 class. Why do they need another? That's especially considering Naji and Paul are likely gone along with Quentin. They need wings and guards.
    Yup, I could see us taking 4-5 this class anyways, 3 guards and hopefully two big men, but we need AT LEAST 1 big man to commit, really hoping it's Carlson but who knows

Junior
    Purdue and Wisky in on Carlson

Sophomore
    I like Carlson and Keon Ambrose. Hopefully we can get one of them

On a semi-related recruiting note: Check out this tweet
    https://twitter.com/oneshiningpod/st...81934964789248

A huge chunk of the replies are "Xavier vs Kansas State" (or Xavier vs OSU). I think it's underrated how much that game did for our national profile even though we lost it. It's one of the most memorable tournament games in recent history.

Sophomore
    Also, JJ Traynor is a PF as well. And our 2021 targets are almost all big guys outside of malaki branham

Purdue's 1st choice is Hunter Dickinson and then Carlson. And I think Purdue has one scholy to give. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out OR forget the B10. Let's get Xavier's 1st final four and beyond.
    Last edited by WCWIII; 07-19-2019 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Remove artistic license and fixed comma splice for XU87

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Purdue's 1st choice is Hunter Dickinson and then Carlson. And I think Purdue has one scholy to give. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out OR forget the B10, let's get Xavier's 1st final four and beyond.

Comma splice.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Mitchell