Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Don't anyone take this the wrong way. In fact I'm hesitant to say it. But could Carlson's choice have anything to do with Wisky's penchant for what I refer to as "whiteguy basketball" ? They always strike me as looking like rec league guys on steroids. Lots of passing cutting and low scoring boring games. And usually more than the usual # of caucasians for a power 5 team.
    There should be nothing controversial in your post. Facts are facts, and UW always has more white kids, most of them forwards and centers, on their team than just about any other Power 5 school. If you're a skilled, big, white kid from the midwest, chances are UW is going to be on your final list of schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Hey EASTCOAST, nice to hear from you! No doubt Zona is gonna kill it this year and be a hot commodity come spring. He's not on the Xavier radar for some reason but a clean cut BC kid should be.
    I am with you and eastcoastman. Zona was looked impressive this past season and he will only get better this coming season. If he works a little more on his foot work and quickness, I could see him possibly becoming a 4*.

Also, I thought BC’s Doug Edert (SG) would have received more offers from some bigger name D1 schools. That kid can really play too. I am a little surprised he was only rated as a 2 star (instead of 3) and that he ended up committing to St. Peter’s. At least it is still a D1 school and his team will get to play a few BE schools this season.
    Last edited by IM4X; 09-22-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Supporting Member
    Edert ending up at St Pete's will work for him. With Shaheen Hollaway as head coach, he will get great guard coaching. Shaheen was loved as ass't at Seton Hall and SHU's best recruiter. Still learning the 1st chair and year 2 should be much better for the Peacocks.

So what I think I’m hearing you say is that this team could make some noise this year or next with a bunch of skilled players who were a bit under the radar. I’ll have to keep any eye on the team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    So what I think I’m hearing you say is that this team could make some noise this year or next with a bunch of skilled players who were a bit under the radar. I’ll have to keep any eye on the team this year.
    Didn't know you could hear these words. I imagine 99% of basketball teams assume they will perform better with less talent. Famously, "We like to sneak up on people."

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Didn't know you could hear these words. I imagine 99% of basketball teams assume they will perform better with less talent. Famously, "We like to sneak up on people."
    Yup. I hear all the words I read in my head. It’s just more enjoyable that way.

As for St. Peter’s: We’ll learn a bit more about the quality of players and coaches they have when they play Providence on 11/16.

Sophomore
    Louisville is gonna miss out on deivon Smith and miss on all their top targets... hmmm sounds familiar. Hate to see it

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Louisville is gonna miss out on deivon Smith and miss on all their top targets... hmmm sounds familiar. Hate to see it
    Yeah, not ideal for Mack. A lot programs are negative recruiting Louisville. He also had two guys that he prioritized and Duke and now Kentucky have swooped in to close the deal or take the lead.

He does however have a top 5 freshman class with 6 bodies and a 7th in a sit one play two transfer. The roster is not depleted, but might get blanked.
    Last edited by xufan02; 09-26-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Absolutely hate to see it

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    That's too bad...Mack's a chump