Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Looks like Matrice Mitchell is a “high choice” for X according 247. Not sure if that’s the case or they haven’t updated web site and we’re not recruiting him anymore. Don’t know much about him except for 247 has him at 124 and 129 at Rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Looks like Matrice Mitchell is a “high choice” for X according 247. Not sure if that’s the case or they haven’t updated web site and we’re not recruiting him anymore. Don’t know much about him except for 247 has him at 124 and 129 at Rivals.
    Martice Mitchell is visiting X this weekend, I believe for an official visit. He was the backup plan to Ben Carlson (Wisconsin) and Jalen Bridges (West Virginia). If he doesn't commit to X then I'd guess that scholarship gets pocketed for a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by xavier513 View Post
    Martice Mitchell is visiting X this weekend, I believe for an official visit. He was the backup plan to Ben Carlson (Wisconsin) and Jalen Bridges (West Virginia). If he doesn't commit to X then I'd guess that scholarship gets pocketed for a transfer.
    Thanks for update! Anyone know anything about him besides he’s 6’10”

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    tbh i wouldn't blame a power forward for not committing in this class. we just brought in freemantle, ramsey, and miles at the F/C spots this year. that's a lot of competition
    Not to mention Jason Carter (a proven commodity) with two years of eligibility who has a very similar game to Carlson.

Quote Originally Posted by xavier513 View Post
    He is the top target right now. Kid has a ton of potential. Very high on X. Oregon, Maryland, Iowa other top schools for him.

Just noticed we still have a higher ranked 2020 recruiting class than Wisconsin even though they have 5 committed to our 3 according 247. I’ll take quality over quantity any day. Not to say it doesn’t suck we lost out on Carlson, but takes a little of the sting away. Maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not the first time that damn 8 Ball has let me down!

Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post
    Steele and staff believed it was a done deal after the last visit. Kid changed his mind. Not much you can do.

Wisconsin was pitching to him that they would use him in a Frank Kaminisky type of role.
    Steele, Mack and Miller have all won recruiting battles and lost them. I doubt in their profession that they said it was a "done" deal. Why expose themselves and history has shown "done" deals have not always panned out. We fans know that it is fair to not celebrate until they sign the letter of intent....ore fwiw gets on campus and plays a game.

You have the right to get pumped and excited but to "feel" jacked about a 17-18 year old's intention is vulnerable in a cut throat recruiting battle. This comes around often with recruiting.

All fans should cheer the X team on before during and after a game. Very different than thinking a recruit commits because a neighbor says it is a done eal. The "experts" hedge their bets when asked about a recruit. We learned something today.

All-Conference
    Wake me up when they sign the LOI. Otherwise, it's like a dream.