Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Maybe Cooley interviewing for the Michigan job and SH's lack of tourney success were/are a factor. It could be an epic class if they get him and Ben Carlson.

Sophomore
    lack of tourney success applies to both of them. maybe dante is just a monster john calipari type on the recruiting trail

The Adidas Gauntlet Summer Championship kicks off today in Birmingham. Looks like Odom and the Atlanta Celtics are scheduled to play 2 games 11:30-3:30.

https://www.exposuresportsnews.com/p...ta-celtics-ga-

Based on their spring record (12-3) they have a good shot at making the finals.

I'm a little curious to see what Deivon Smith will do...have a hunch he may end up at X.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-11-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    lack of tourney success applies to both of them. maybe dante is just a monster john calipari type on the recruiting trail
    I was talking about the schools as well as the coaches. SH has just underperformed when they have had the talent. Also it is somewhat known TS was very important in game strategy while being the assistant coach.

Sophomore
    I was referring to Providence and Seton Hall both not having tournament success, not Travis, although that's true as well to this point

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The Adidas Gauntlet Summer Championship kicks off today in Birmingham. Looks like Odom and the Atlanta Celtics are scheduled to play 2 games 11:30-3:30.

https://www.exposuresportsnews.com/p...ta-celtics-ga-
    In the 1st game, Dwon and his mates will be thoroughly tested. Garner Road NC boasts 2 ACC commits, slick SG McCorkle headed to UVA and 6’10” behemoth Day’Ron Sharpe a 5 star UNC recruit. Looks like this tournament requires no more than 1 loss to make the championship game on Sunday, so I guess they can stumble in the opener and still get there.

https://www.exposuresportsnews.com/s...s&tool=3639781

I noticed a couple more names of interest in this tourney. Ben Carlson plays for the top team (13-0) D1 Minnesota. They misspelled the poor guys name though, they have him listed as Ben Barlson. He is part of an impressive front court that features Dawson Garcia.

Surprisingly Paul McMillan has been competing in the 17U division and is killing it! He’s 2nd on the circuit in total points with 157! He plays for Manimal Elite KY. Just imagine what he’ll be in 2022!

On a side note, there is an Indiana kid named Grant Coleman flying under the radar. He’s a 6’7” 2020 guy that is tops on the circuit at 23 ppg and has the high single game at 43, but get this, he’s shooting .667 from distance at an 18 for 27 clip! Can’t find any recruiting info on him but man he’s hot!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-11-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Atlanta Celtics won first game 57-52. Odom had 14 pts, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Deivon Smith was 10-13 from the field, 23 pts, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Odom went 2-5 from FT. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Atlanta Celtics won first game 57-52. Odom had 14 pts, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Deivon Smith was 10-13 from the field, 23 pts, 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Odom went 2-5 from FT. Yuck.
    WOW, they beat that Carolina club? Nothing but killer BBall news in July.

As far as Dwon, Yeah, his struggle at the charity stripe is well documented...seems to be a fairly easy problem to correct....anybody other than me, excited about getting Deivon? He bookends very well with Odom.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-11-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Odom, Smith, Wilcher, Lane. Seems crowded. I don’t think X will be getting Smith.