Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    CJ is transferring to Roselle Catholic for his senior season, hence my statement above.
    https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/07/...her-to-xavier/

If true, it would be very unusual for a guy to transfer from one big time program to another but I guess it doesn’t matter. Can you post the source you have on him transferring? The above article is from last month with St Benedict’s Coach heaping a ton of praise on him, as if he’ll be there in the fall. It is true that 247 has him listed for Roselle but can’t find anything else to corroborate it. I didn’t see anything on his Twitter.....Maxpreps, Rivals and ESPN still have him at St. B.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-09-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    It's on a paid site.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Supporting Member
    Roselle Catholic top 3 program back here in jersey. Was our rival school when I played at Union Catholic. They have a long list of recent thoughbreds coming out of that school. K Whitney just graduated and going to Kentucky. I believe that Naz Reid was also there the year before. 20 minute ride to watch them play so I hope they are both together this year.

Getting Z Free and don't forget that Naji is from Atlantic City. Love this pipeline from NJ to X. My Seton Hall buddies are all crying about how they can't get this talent to stay in NJ.

Hey EASTCOAST, where you been? Really wanted to hear your insight on Freemantle’s final few HS games. Anyhow, what’s the local scoop on Niels Lane? Are your SHU buddies buying in to this “100% Lane to Xavier” prediction or are the Pirates still in it? Also, any news in the Jersey press on Wilcher suiting up for Roselle? Hard to understand why he would leave St B for Roselle but if he did they’re gonna be really good. They have that 6’11” blue chipper down low and if they add CJ, they will have 2 big time scorers in the back court.

Speaking of ZFree and BC....just noticed that his buddy Zona picked up an offer from Penn St and one of their guards just committed to Butler. A lot of relevant BEast news has been flowing out of Jersey, so keep us posted!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-09-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    FWIW, Brian Snow as a 247 recruiting "expert" has Niels Lane 100% predicting to commit to X. He is a top 65 player and guard.
    https://247sports.com/player/niels-lane-46048752/
    Man I hope Snow knows what he’s talking about. This guy would be an unbelievable get!!

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/27/...-and-interest/

He looks like a Musketeer to me!!

Supporting Member
    Had a little bump in the road but back in action. Just finished booking 5 XU roomies and spouses to Charleston for November.

Zfree had a great season and Bergen Catholic played a challenging HS schedule last season. He is "Jersey Strong" (Hurricane Sandy motto here in NJ) and I'm sure he will contribute immediately. Trip to Spain should help all our new Frosh and transfers. Hope he brings the JP attitude to this team.

CJ & Niels - 247 has CJ listed as Roselle Catholic. NJ has very liberal rules on transfers so it is quite common for these guys to transfer multiple times during HS career. Roselle Catholic at a much higher level than Benedict's and would be happy if he landed in Roselle playing for the Lions (same gym I played in from 66-68 for my stellar HS career against RC. Almost made the frosh team in 68 at X). CJ and Niels look like carbon copies of each other at 6' 5" and 195. Brian Snow at 247 has him at 100% commit. His prediction record for class of 2020 is 12/12. Lets hope he is right. I think Dante is on these guys.
    They play a couple of big in season HS tournaments at RC and RC only plays the high level NJ teams and lots of out of state programs. We will be in attendance once December arrives.

Thanks for the update...check in with more as you get it.

So, has Benedict stopped competing at a high level? They were killing it when I lived there. It seems like yesterday that Tyler Ennis was there and they won like 65 games in his final 2 years. I think they were ranked in the top 5 nationally as well both years. Anyway, I hope CJ has transferred to Roselle and gets a full season to jell with Lane. That of course will only reap benefits IF Lane ends up at X.

I should point out that the "100% predicted to end up at Xavier" on the 247 web site just means that 1 crystal ball has been entered for Niels Lane and it was for Xavier, so 100% of the crystal balls for Lane (1/1) are for Xavier. It doesn't mean that Brian Snow is 100% certain that Lane will commit to Xavier. That said, Snow is among the very best with his predictions and he's pretty confident with his pick here, not to mention that he's extremely connected with Xavier recruiting. C.J. Wilcher and Lane are buds and Dante Jackson is the lead recruiter for both.

Snow was about 93% correct in his predictions last year. He's 12/12 this year, including Wilcher (as noted above). As such, unless something out of the blue happens, we should expect to see a Niels Lane commitment.

Woo hoo.

This is a crazy situation. If Cooley offered this kid as a sophomore and has stayed fully engaged throughout and he still ends up at X.....Steele and staff will have to be considered our all time greatest recruiters after just 2 classes!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-09-2019 at 01:13 PM.