Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Sophomore
    Dwon Odom had 30 points and 10 assists in another win today.

Wilcher and Jones play tonight as well.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Supporting Member
    So.....am I the last person to realize that gates and odom are from the same high school??

How good is odom...I mean obviously he is ranked high but does he seem to be like a semaj or blueitt where he basically will start day 1 and be an impact, or more like scruggs or naji where it may take a year?

Supporting Member
    Day 1 starting PG is my guess.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Day 1 starting PG is my guess.
    probably. we don't have enough players to keep him on the bench even if we wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So.....am I the last person to realize that gates and odom are from the same high school??

How good is odom...I mean obviously he is ranked high but does he seem to be like a semaj or blueitt where he basically will start day 1 and be an impact, or more like scruggs or naji where it may take a year?
    Maybe not last but in lower quartile; from early days of recruiting Odom while Gates was here it was noted--even anticipated--that Gates would be an asset in recruiting Odom.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

I think that all depends on just how well KyKy progresses the rest of this year and into next year. If he develops into a good pg, then his experience will give him the edge. However if he doesn’t develop as a pg, then I would guess that Odom is given a shot at that position.

Might also depend on just exactly what Scruggs does at the end of this year. I know that most expect him to leave after this year, but I don’t think that is exactly set in stone at this point. If he does return then I certainly can’t see him not starting in some capacity next year. Would he take Marshall’s place and X go with 3 guards? What if Naji also returns? What if they bring in an experienced pg grad transfer? There are just so many variables that it’s impossible to make a prediction based on anything but guesswork at this point.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I think that all depends on just how well KyKy progresses the rest of this year and into next year. If he develops into a good pg, then his experience will give him the edge. However if he doesn’t develop as a pg, then I would guess that Odom is given a shot at that position.

Might also depend on just exactly what Scruggs does at the end of this year. I know that most expect him to leave after this year, but I don’t think that is exactly set in stone at this point. If he does return then I certainly can’t see him not starting in some capacity next year. Would he take Marshall’s place and X go with 3 guards? What if Naji also returns? What if they bring in an experienced pg grad transfer? There are just so many variables that it’s impossible to make a prediction based on anything but guesswork at this point.
    I am not close to the program and only follow this board so I ask this in sincerity. It has been a given (sort of) that Scruggs + Naji are gone after this year. Is there a strong case that can be made they will return?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I am not close to the program and only follow this board so I ask this in sincerity. It has been a given (sort of) that Scruggs + Naji are gone after this year. Is there a strong case that can be made they will return?
    They still have a year of eligibility as they are only juniors eligibility wise, therefore they don’t have to leave. A lot of people have just assumed that they will leave and go pro, but only they know what is best for themselves. At this point in the season, it’s my opinion that neither is going to be an NBA player next year. But they will have opportunities to play professionally somewhere at some level. They have to decide if they would be better served by staying another year and maybe making themselves more attractive to NBA teams....but they don’t have to make that decision until after this season, so we just have to wait and see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

Could they run Odom at the point, and then Tandy at SG though? that could also be an option, Kyky's scoring is going to be needed next year, so he's gonna have to take a jump up in production, but I could see them both co-existing in the backcourt together. Kind of a fun prospect to think about too.