Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 2020 Recruits

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Ba...CoachRankings/

Here’s a very interesting poll...now if we can just hold on to them!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

Who ranks these assistant coaches? Is it explained?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm not really impressed by Steele moving on to other guys in the pipeline. That is an expectation of the job...just like in corporate sales, keep the pipeline full enough so that if you lose out on one, you still have enough to fall back on.

What I will be impressed with though, is if he can close one of these guys.
    I imagine all coaches are texting to 20-30 recruits daily and keeping all insurance on recruits to come to X. Coaches never stop talking JUST in case one does not commit. I bet they are in talks with guards just in case the 2020 verbals change their mind.

Sophomore
    Congratulations to the brilliant Jerry Meyer from 24/7 sports for correctly predicting Ben Carlson would choose Wisconsin... apparently switching it from X after Carlson announced his commitment.

No wonder his prediction percentage rate is so high.
    Last edited by IM4X; Yesterday at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Who ranks these assistant coaches? Is it explained?
    Coaches are ranked based off the ranking of the recruit and the quantity of recruits as well. So for example Scheyer from Duke is at #1 because he has 3 top 30 kids committed where he is listed as the primary recruiter.

Eric Mobley who has 1 commitment even though it is the #1 kid in the country still only ranks 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Unless you base your hopes on crystal balls this is not a shocker. He didn’t commit after his official visit. He didn’t commit after the ENTIRE COACHING STAFF flew to Minnesota the following week to get him to commit. And that’s ok. He is a good player but we aren’t talking about a top of the line 5 star recruit that’ll vault the program into another tier.

A 5th year senior is a good idea especially if he’s a glue guy/defender guy
    I agree with you that you shouldn't take 247 as set in stone, reading through I didn't think the Crystal Ball thing would make such a ruckus. They aren't 100%, nothing is guaranteed, but usually is a safe bet. I definitely think we had a good chance, I really thought he was going to take a couple more weeks to keep sorting through it, but I guess Wisconsin just found a way to really blow him away. Good luck to him, but if X and Wisky ever play while he's there, I hope we beat them like rented mules. Agreed as well with he isn't a transcendent 5*, but he was still a sharp looking prospect, I'd definitely be okay with a graduate transfer because we'll need experience, 5 freshmen this year, 4 next year, need a little bit of experience and age to balance some things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

Though the rankings are only based off really who they get to commit, Coach Hayes and Coach Johnson are really good recruiters if you look at their profiles. Georgia and Minnesota aren't exactly national powerhouses, but they got some pretty good talent there, and obviously recruiting here at X has had a decent little uptick from it as well. I don't think we're gonna hold on to them for long, but I hope as long as possible, I definitely see those two getting an opportunity to be head coaches somewhere.

Supporting Member
    I'm in with Xuperman on Matt Zona. Bergen Catholic was #2 team in NJ and Zfree and Zona were a great combo.

Supporting Member
    CJ Wilcher's younger brother already getting some offers. When did X have a high caliber brother duo?

Hey EASTCOAST, nice to hear from you! No doubt Zona is gonna kill it this year and be a hot commodity come spring. He's not on the Xavier radar for some reason but a clean cut BC kid should be.

BTW, what is the word on Bretner Mutombo playing for St. Patrick? Any chance he doesn't end up a Hoya and becomes a Musketeer? Any local chatter on Trey Patterson out of Rutgers Prep? He holds a Xavier offer also.
    Last edited by Xuperman; Yesterday at 07:27 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    in JAN 2017 I saw a game at Hackensack HS (a huge gym) as part of a triple header with Bergen Cath vs Notre Dame (Conn) my alma mater. We had Tremont Waters, Jalani White(all MAAC tournament as fresh) and Conor Raines(DI at UTex-rio grande). BC had a Fairfield Recruit and Zona (6'8" fresh)a very good game. Freemantle must have been hurt but did not show up on box score. Waters hit a 3 at buzzer after a 1 hr delay as Fried Dough machine caught on fire at 10:30. Zona a tough player like many ND South Bend Bangers..not a 3 pt threat. What a game..best game I ever saw and left at 1 AM