Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Now that Dwon's team won the Adidas Gauntlet, he has won that, a couple state championships in Georgia for basketball and a track and field state championship. Dude just wins.
    https://basketball.exposureevents.co...gameid=9076458

Well he’s back in action, looking to add more hardware.....off to a good start in the Gauntlet Finale. The game was a close call but he tallied 15 points including a much improved 5-6 from the line. Up next the Iowa Barnstormers featuring 5’11” PG Bowen Born who holds an Iowa Hawkeyes offer.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Twitter is going wild for Dwon Odom's school and teammate who was a 3 star recruit. I think his name is Caleb. X offered him a scholly 2-3 days a go.
    Caleb Murphy continues to score at a high clip with a game high 21. I did a little research on him but could not confirm an offer from Xavier. The 247 site shows several high D1 offers, including one from the Florida Gators just yesterday but no X. However there does seem to be a slight Xavier connection because MaxPreps shows him as playing for Norcross HS last year, the same team as Daniel Ramsey.

I just noticed Garner Road (NC), the team that the Odom and the Celtics beat twice last week including the Championship game, is coached by DAVID WEST! You just know that he gave Dwon a heartfelt “atta boy” afterwards
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-19-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Verbal Commits says that Caleb received an offer from X on July 16.

OK, that's a good thing. Hard to understand why these recruiting sites vary on their info.

I read where Xavier was present at the Adidas event last week and I assume it was Coach Hayes, as he seems to be the lead recruiter for all points south. He must have been really mpressed. Now that Murphy holds an offer from X to go along with Deivon Smith holding one as well, it appears Xavier likes the idea of pairing up one of these guys with Odom.......built in chemistry can be nothing but a plus.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-19-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    OK, that's a good thing. Hard to understand why these recruiting sites vary on their info.

I read where Xavier was present at the Adidas event last week and I assume it was Coach Hayes, as he seems to be the lead recruiter for all points south. He must have been really mpressed. Now that Murphy holds an offer from X to go along with Deivon Smith holding one as well, it appears Xavier likes the idea of pairing up one of these guys with Odom.......built in chemistry can be nothing but a plus.
    I think it's Coach Hayes in the south, Dante in the north east, Ben Johnson is Minnesota area, and around through the mid west, with Steele in Indiana and then the closer on everyone right?? I don't mind the idea of picking one of Odom's teammates if we believe they can contribute at this level, if anything it could help strengthen Odom's commitment even more (not that there's any talk of him looking elsewhere), I like the idea personally.

https://www.exposuresportsnews.com/g...bseason=623450

Looks like Dwon Odom ended his AAU career with a thud.

Ben Carlson ends his as well, but on better terms with a game high 15.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-20-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    https://www.exposuresportsnews.com/g...bseason=623450

Looks like Dwon Odom ended his AAU career with a thud.

Ben Carlson ends his as well, but on better terms with a game high 15.
    They both played more games including one head to head.

Odom had 10, 18, and 15, in 3 wins. (18 against Carlsons team).

Carlson scored 15 and 23 in two additional games. His team went 1-1 losing to Odom and the Celtics.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

OK, I didn't see any consolation brackets yesterday morning. Glad to see him rebound from that 1-9 effort in Friday's loss. I first thought that maybe he twisted an ankle or something, so happy to see that he got thru these 2 weeks of Gauntlet action healthy.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-21-2019 at 12:00 PM.

X A V I E R

Sophomore
    On paper we have four scholarships for next season, not three like the article mentions. I see the staff filling all four spots in the 2020 class, and then pursuing grad/traditional transfers after the end of the season. We will know the status of Paul and Naji pretty quick at the end of the season.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanGeronimo2

Fast rising 3 Star gets offered.