Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Junior
    This only means another reason to hate Wisconsin on a UC/ Dayton level.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    You have the right to get pumped and excited but to "feel" jacked about a 17-18 year old's intention is vulnerable in a cut throat recruiting battle. This comes around often with recruiting.

All fans should cheer the X team on before during and after a game. Very different than thinking a recruit commits because a neighbor says it is a done eal. The "experts" hedge their bets when asked about a recruit. We learned something today.
    We learned nothing. Everyone knows that recruits can and do change their minds at the last second. It happens all the time.
    Last edited by XU 87; 09-18-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Well, that sucks. It seems like he'll be a good college player. It should be interesting to see how our bigs develop this year, as we'll need talented depth.

I still say if you're sharing something you've heard on this site, you should say where you've heard it from. Then we can each judge who to trust.

I could say I heard "rumors" about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I still say if you're sharing something you've heard on this site, you should say where you've heard it from. Then we can each judge who to trust.
    Not sure I agree with that. For example, we once had a poster who provided a lot of recruiting info before we had the recruiting sites like 247. His source was his XU roommate, who was a basketball manager. There was no way the poster was going to disclose his roommate's name or position on an internet site, unless he wanted his roommate to become his ex-source.

I have occasionally learned over the years that a few of our current and past posters do in fact have sources "close to the program". There's no way they are going to disclose who those sources are though.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    We learned nothing. Everyone knows that recruits can and do change their minds at the last second. It happens all the time.
    Just interesting that a kid that was supposedly taking his time, seems to be on the verge of committing to us, his friend commits somewhere else, and then he changes his mind and commits the next day. he must really like this kid
    Last edited by scoscox; 09-18-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Junior
    I definitely don't have the best memory, but I don't remember the last 99% sure X recruit making a left turn fooling everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I definitely don't have the best memory, but I don't remember the last 99% sure X recruit making a left turn fooling everyone.
    The recruit from two years ago who went to Purdue. All the "crystal balls" had him coming to X.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Just interesting that a kid that was supposedly taking his time, seems to be on the verge of committing to us, his friend commits somewhere else, and then he changes his mind and commits the next day. he must really like this kid
    The 247 site has some insight about what happened. Interesting stuff, it was nothing really against X, and it sounds like his change of mind had little to do with this other kid committing to Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Wasn't all about the other kid. Although it definitely helped.

Carlson believed the Big Ten was going to be a better place to showcase his skills, face better bigs, face better competition overall, etc. Gard was selling him on being Frank Kaminsky 2.0 (which is a bit of stretch but okay...), they were telling the kid he can start from Day 1, selling they are closer to home, and his friend going there is just the cherry on top.

Kids change their minds all the time.

I like the Mitchell kid, but I could also see Steele going with a 5th year just wanting someone who is ready to contribute now.
    Last edited by XU22; 09-18-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Junior
    Don't anyone take this the wrong way. In fact I'm hesitant to say it. But could Carlson's choice have anything to do with Wisky's penchant for what I refer to as "whiteguy basketball" ? They always strike me as looking like rec league guys on steroids. Lots of passing cutting and low scoring boring games. And usually more than the usual # of caucasians for a power 5 team.
    Last edited by JTG; 09-18-2019 at 09:31 PM.