Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 340

Thread: 2020 Recruits

  1. #1
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,090

    2020 Recruits

    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...ank/class/2020

    Updated ESPN Top 100 now has Odom at #76 and Wilcher at #77 which should help both guys composite rankings. For some reason they do not show CJ as a Xavier commit. ESPN kinda sucks in this department.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,190
    ESPN is the last place anyone should look for recruiting information.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    26,751
    Not sure if we are involved with Jay Scrubb anymore or not, but he is considering going pro after his second JUCO season instead of going to college.

    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ge/1551196001/

  4. #4
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...ank/class/2020

    Updated ESPN Top 100 now has Odom at #76 and Wilcher at #77 which should help both guys composite rankings. For some reason they do not show CJ as a Xavier commit. ESPN kinda sucks in this department.
    I think Scout/247 has Odom in the 40's and Wilcher in the 140's.
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-25-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,822
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think Scout/247 has Odom in the 40's and Wilcher in the 140's.
    Yup, Odom dropped down to 44, Wilcher from around 113 or so to 139, but 247 does a composite ranking too, so this should pop Odom up from like 104 composite to something much higher, and Wilcher should get a boost from 125 to something higher with ESPN putting them up in the top 100. Someone posted on the WVU board a while ago how to calculate the composite, so I'll find that later and tell ya what it should be.

  6. #6
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    FWIW, Brian Snow as a 247 recruiting "expert" has Niels Lane 100% predicting to commit to X. He is a top 65 player and guard.
    https://247sports.com/player/niels-lane-46048752/

  7. #7
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    FWIW, Brian Snow as a 247 recruiting "expert" has Niels Lane 100% predicting to commit to X. He is a top 65 player and guard.
    https://247sports.com/player/niels-lane-46048752/
    That is bizarre. I wonder what info he has to base a 100% prediction. Lane has suddenly become a smoking hot prospect for 2020 and there has been a lot of recent activity in his recruitment but nothing new Xavier wise that I can find. Looks like Calipari made a visit 2 Sunday’s ago for a closer look and the below article from 11 days ago has no mention of X. Evidently Cooley has long been in hot pursuit and 1 recruiting site has him 60% SHU. Would love to see X flex their recruiting muscle once again and snatch this guy from right under their noses. He would make it 4 of our last 8 from NJ/PA and all 4 are top 100 guys!

    https://n.rivals.com/news/evans-seve...-turns-in-june
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-09-2019 at 03:09 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  8. #8
    Sophomore xufan02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, MI
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    That is bizarre. I wonder what info he has to base a 100% prediction. Lane has suddenly become a smoking hot prospect for 2020 and there has been a lot of recent activity in his recruitment but nothing new Xavier wise that I can find. Looks like Calipari made a visit 2 Sunday’s ago for a closer look and the below article from 11 days ago has no mention of X. Evidently Cooley has long been in hot pursuit and 1 recruiting site has him 60% SHU. Would love to see X flex their recruiting muscle once again and snatch this guy from right under their noses. He would make it 4 of our last 8 from NJ/PA and all 4 are top 100 guys!

    https://n.rivals.com/news/evans-seve...-turns-in-june
    Lane visited Xavier in June on an unofficial and loved it. It also doesn't hurt that his high school teammate is CJ Wilcher.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

  9. #9
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,090
    They may have played some AAU ball together but CJ plays for St. Benedict in Newark and Lane transferred from a smaller school in Princeton to play for power house Roselle Catholic this year.....chances are they know one another. I'm pretty sure these big private schools in East Jersey schedule on a regular basis, so there is a good chance they will play against each other this year.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  10. #10
    Sophomore xufan02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, MI
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    They may have played some AAU ball together but CJ plays for St. Benedict in Newark and Lane transferred from a smaller school in Princeton to play for power house Roselle Catholic this year.....chances are they know one another. I'm pretty sure these big private schools in East Jersey schedule on a regular basis, so there is a good chance they will play against each other this year.
    CJ is transferring to Roselle Catholic for his senior season, hence my statement above.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •