Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

I love to hear how Dwon Odom committed two years ago and did not look at other schools. I very much look forward to him in a Xavier uniform. He has the makings of a Great Musketeer.

Welcome all three to the family!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...020-21-2021-22

Here’s something interesting, notice #1 and #4. Just use our recent Columbia connection and grab BOTH of them. They check ALL the boxes for exactly what Coach needs for 2020-21. Hope Myles Hanson can be an salesman here!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

Here’s something interesting, notice #1 and #4. Just use our recent Columbia connection and grab BOTH of them. They check ALL the boxes for exactly what Coach needs for 2020-21. Hope Myles Hanson can be an salesman here!
    # 4 look solid on paper but for X to be a good fit, he needs to have a history of winning and strong character.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    # 4 look solid on paper but for X to be a good fit, he needs to have a history of winning and strong character.
    To be fair, I think if you can get accepted to Columbia, you probably have pretty strong character. History of winning academically as well too, just saying.

I'll give you the history of winning academically. I'm not sure attaining admission to an Ivy League school necessarily says anything for one's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

Sounds like it must suck to be a Columbia basketball fan!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Sounds like it must suck to be a Columbia basketball fan!
    The #1 guy is playing this year for Columbia. He's just not eligible to come back next year because the Ivy League does not allow 5th year seniors.

The two Columbia kids look alright, but it might not be a fit for PG with Tandy, Odom, and Bishop looking for increasing presence. Would be nice to have Smith's experience and shooting, though. I'm guessing Skrugs is gone, but you can't count chickens before they hatch. I'm not sure Tape is a guy who'd want to compete for floor time with all the other bigs, and unless he's good enough to beat them outright, I don't see him wanting to play at X. It's his last year to make some noise.

I would like to learn more about 6'8" freshman Luke Anderson and 6'9" Rade Kukobat, who is a redshirt junior and will be a grad transfer. Kukobat doesn't initially sound like the level of Jason Carter, but at this point with still-developing Ramsey, Freemantle, and Miles, we could use someone with a little experience and can be a good practice player and backup in case of injury.

With Anderson, we just need some decent wing players, and he's been viewed as more of combo 3/4 wing guy who can shoot the three. Three star recruit who'd have a year to develop and find his way to contribute in Steele's system. He was a strong rebounder in high school and averaged 20+ points.
    Last edited by sirthought; 12-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Cool to look at, but I would assume this is a “way too early” version of the transfer portal. Should be interesting to track throughout the year, especially after tournament.

Saw Luke Anderson (ISU) on the list who was once a X recruit and even had a crystal ball or two. Looks like he pulled a Ridder this year at ISU. I’m sure there’re some insiders on here know more about his recruitment. Boy did his ranking go South after I stopped paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    To be fair, I think if you can get accepted to Columbia, you probably have pretty strong character. History of winning academically as well too, just saying.
    My mom attended the Columbia school of nursing......and she was a pretty strong character.