Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierRunningMan View Post
    2020 Millard North (NE) F Max Murrell has committed to Stanford.

��������
    Stanford is taking multiple bigs in 2020. I doubt this has an impact with Stanford recruiting Carlson.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Well, if the glass is half full, perhaps it’s a confident move, investing full-push resources to help seal the deal.
    Xavier is taking a big swing here. Full staff on opening day is a strong to very strong move. I also think this recruitment is going to the distance though. Carlson will likely go through the entire visit process. I hope I'm wrong.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Loosing out on Carlson would not be a complete heartbreaker. Granted, he looks like a “can’t miss” prospect, but we already have 2 guys with similar skill sets for 2020 in Jason and Zach. Throw in DJ and Ramsey to a lesser extent because it’s unknown what they can bring.

Interesting that there doesn’t seem to be much concern in bringing in more legit size for team 99. Does anyone really want to see Carter or Freemantle at 6’9” working the paint as a starter in the BEast? Especially on defense. How about a possible redshirt freshman?

Not much on the radar for any 2020 prospects that fit the bill, so I have a feeling if there’s another Hankins/Stainbrook or even a Kantner type transfer out there it’s gonna happen. Of course getting anyone of that quality is wishful thinking.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Loosing out on Carlson would not be a complete heartbreaker. Granted, he looks like a “can’t miss” prospect, but we already have 2 guys with similar skill sets for 2020 in Jason and Zach. Throw in DJ and Ramsey to a lesser extent because it’s unknown what they can bring.

Interesting that there doesn’t seem to be much concern in bringing in more legit size for team 99. Does anyone really want to see Carter or Freemantle at 6’9” working the paint as a starter in the BEast? Especially on defense. How about a possible redshirt freshman?

Not much on the radar for any 2020 prospects that fit the bill, so I have a feeling if there’s another Hankins/Stainbrook or even a Kantner type transfer out there it’s gonna happen. Of course getting anyone of that quality is wishful thinking.
    Perhaps in 2020-21, the staff is putting high hopes on Deonte Miles - 6'10 or 6'11 jumping jack.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Stanford is taking multiple bigs in 2020. I doubt this has an impact with Stanford recruiting Carlson.
    I thought this initially but looking at their profiles they are pretty similar players. Hmm

Sophomore
    Just got a snow globe for carlson. Good sign. We had one for Niels lane as well so it’s not foolproof but he typically gets his info straight from the coaching staff and player I think

Sophomore
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes all of his visits before he commits still though. Hope I’m wrong and he commits today but he seems intent on honoring his visits

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Just got a snow globe for carlson. Good sign. We had one for Niels lane as well so it’s not foolproof but he typically gets his info straight from the coaching staff and player I think
    Cautiously hopeful on Carlson. While I don't have access to Brian Snow's predictions, it is easy to infer that he just predicted this morning that Carlson will come to X. Snow is pretty good as a forecaster in these things and with the recent Stanford commit of a big, it would seem to bode well for the Muskies. Getting Carlson would mean a really stellar class coming in next season on top of the stellar one this year. Steele and his staff are killing it.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Perhaps in 2020-21, the staff is putting high hopes on Deonte Miles - 6'10 or 6'11 jumping jack.
    No doubt Keith, Coach Steele has made it clear that Miles is ALREADY that based on his Spain performance. The only thing he did not comment on is whether it will be this year or next. Under the circumstances I'm hoping Coach will forego any red shirt and get him acclimated this year, so he can build toward an increased roll in the fall of 2020.......regardless of the roster.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

WOW! Crystal ball has shifted to X 67%

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    2023 Sweet 16