Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    kyky kind of turned them down. atleast his dad did by default
    247 site says that Kyky did not have offers from either UK or UL.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    247 site says that Kyky did not have offers from either UK or UL.
    He was considered to be going to UK, but his father started to make some demands as far as minutes, or so I read on message boards. UK fans were talking like it was his father who forced the UK staff to look elsewhere. I don't think 247 administers those offers super accurately for every player.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    He was considered to be going to UK, but his father started to make some demands as far as minutes, or so I read on message boards. UK fans were talking like it was his father who forced the UK staff to look elsewhere. I don't think 247 administers those offers super accurately for every player.
    No idea if KyKy got an interest from UK but his father did mention Kentucky and how he was not a "fit" for UK.
    Not sure how many legs this story has but I too, read this on some message board. Nevertheless, He is our energetic freak athlete. Hope he is doing well, happy and hitting his academics.

Go X!!

Supporting Member
    Here is a little recap of Fall Ball tournament in Philly this weekend and CJ/Roselle Catholic. He is playing with and against some high level talent this year.
    This will be an exciting year for RC and you can follow him and his team on Twitter at RC Basketball. Let's keep an eye on his brother!

There is nothing like rewinding the tape and looking at some of the premier talents around the country. That is why we took a look at the Roselle Catholic vs. Archbishop Stepinac game that took place this past weekend in the #NEFallInvite event.
    Loaded with high-major talent and commits already, here are some of our thoughts from what we saw from the game.
    2020 G C.J. Wilcher (Xavier Commit) – Roselle Catholic
    A 6’4 strong-bodied guard, who we absolutely loved his ability to knock down outside jumpers. Strong frame, he finds ways to create space for himself, can initiate and push the tempo, and has a ton of confidence in his outside shot, especially from three.
    2020 6’5 Niels Lane (Florida commit) – Roselle Catholic
    A tremendous sized prospect on the wing that can be a difference-maker in several areas. What really stood out was his footwork, his IQ, and awareness on the defensive end. He uses his length to his advantage and that can be said as well on the offensive end, getting to the rim. Like his upside.
    2020 6’10 Cliff Omoruyi – Roselle Catholic
    What makes Cliff so intriguing is how long he makes himself on the court. Offensively, he uses his size to his advantage along with his wingspan, making himself available height-wise with active hands and feet. Always moving, he does the same on the defensive end, rebounding the ball very well and being disruptive. Also liked his ability to stretch the floor offensively, showing confidence in his outside jumper. Sporting a ton of big offers, he will be making his final decision in the spring as far as recruitment goes.
    2021 6’7 Adrian Griffin Jr. – Archbishop Stepinac
    Simply wired to score the basketball on so many levels. He understands how to break down defenders, he can get out in transition and he uses his frame to embrace contact; Griffin can get his shot off when he wants. He wants the ball in his hands that is for sure and he is looking to put points on the board. Think he works best when he doesn’t settle and gets downhill, attacking the rim and using his body. The latest with Griffin is that he just picked up an offer from Kentucky.
    2021 6’8 Malcolm Chimezie – Archbishop Stepinac
    What caught my eye about Chimezie was not only a solid rebounder but how he looked working in the two-man game on offense. In pick and roll situations, Chimezie made himself available and rolled to the basket very well. He uses his sturdy frame to battle down low and we can see why college coaches are looking his way. He also doesn’t force much when it isn’t there.
    2022 6’3 Corey Floyd Jr. – Roselle Catholic
    Walker brings explosion and athleticism to the floor immediately when watching him. Already sporting a great frame for a 2022 prospect, he really can have an impact on several areas of the game and it should only continue to rise throughout the season. Ha has been earning high-major offers and that should continue.
    Also, keep an eye on 2023 guard Simeon Wilcher, who has already earned high-major offers as well and will be playing for Roselle Catholic.

Steele reached out to D'Andre Davis after he de-committed from Nebraska this weekend.

Had a great season on the EYBL for the Indy Heat.

It will be interesting to see which recruits will be in town for Muskie Madness this Friday. There's probably a list that will be floating out there somewhere on a pay site. Hopefully there's some good fan support to put on a good show. There's definitely a lot of anticipation for this season. Maybe Snoop Dog will show up and rap about blunts and ho's like he did at Kansas a couple of weeks ago. Fr Graham would really love that I'm sure!! not...
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Thanks for the heads up on the Northeast Invitational. Wilcher loves the 3 ball and looks to be a natural leader!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsrXblXdZes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXm0ag1XgTE
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    looks like Louisville officially offered JJ Traynor.

Supporting Member
    That 2nd link on youtube was a great interview with CJ Xuper. Love him repping the X gear. RC is loaded with talent and I hope he brings little bro along to Victory Parkway. I will take in a few RC games this year and provide some updates. Back in the day when I played at Union Catholic, RC was our rival school.

Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post
    Steele reached out to D'Andre Davis after he de-committed from Nebraska this weekend.

Had a great season on the EYBL for the Indy Heat.
    From Twitter

Lawrence Central's D'Andre Davis has official visits set:

Louisville - Oct. 18 weekend
    Xavier - Oct. 25 weekend
    Purdue - Nov. 1 weekend