Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Why would they continue a fb program that is woeful, and hemorrhaging money ? There is no big tv money to cover the losses. Even the new AAC tv contract money is like putting a band aid on a shotgun wound.
    Next question is a 12th team, or stop at 11. And what about the fact we have 10 private schools and a big state school ?

Those 2021 Big East Tournament tickets are going to be impossible!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    This is also going to put the Big East in a much better position when it comes time to renegotiate the next TV deal with UConn in the mix. Cincinnati, Dayton and other wannabe programs simply do not have the brand that UConn does. Their attendance is going to spike sharply in 2 years while they wait out one more year of hell in the American.

Speaking of UC, saw on Twitter the fans are saying UConn wants easier competition. Nailed it! What a joke.

Sophomore
    I would love to have UConn in the Big East, but something doesn’t add up. Jeff Goodman tweeted out no deal has been finalized. Big East has not officially extended an offer and UConn Board of Trustees still have to vote. UConn’s beat writer tweeted that UConn is not dropping football. The alleged proposed plan is football be independent, or parked in a different conference. How does that solve the losing money on football? long term would that work, or is this temporary until the next round of conference shake ups? In other words how committed is UConn to the Big East? In reading comments from UConn fans online they view this move as temporary until the next conference realignment. UConn fans seem delusional. Either way lots of perspectives to consider and i hope they do come, but I am still skeptical it will work long term.
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 06-22-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Speaking of UC, saw on Twitter the fans are saying UConn wants easier competition. Nailed it! What a joke.
    This certainly explains why in ESPN's top 30 for next year there are 6 BE teams and 1 AAC team.

Maybe bearpussies should move to the A10 for better competition...they have 2 teams in the top 30.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Just got a notification on my phone from my ESPN app!

Wife and kids were wondering what I freaking out about.
    But were you saying “Yes! Yes! Yes!” or “Shit! Shit! Shit!” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Git er done, val.

Nolander sez deal will be announced next Thursday @ MSG.

Big Monday back?
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

May be unpopular here, but I for one am disappointed the conference didn't try to hold at 10 schools and try to make things build up even better in the current mix of programs. Seems like less money for everyone now and more of a shot in the dark if this would improve the quality of competition.

Their best sport in the last few seasons is women's basketball, which may help competition rise the Big East overall, but it didn't in the AAC, so no certainty there. They also have decent teams in baseball and women's soccer. Men's basketball might bounce back, but we can't say that for sure. It's a big gamble that the school will like in the short term. I'm just hoping the conference really enjoys it in the long term. A lot has changed in the past six-seven years.

If the school and state are smart they'll wind the football program down. Football has been hugely popular nationwide, but that trend will reverse or at least slow down and if they are having major money issues now, it's not going to get any better. Taxpayers don't expect to be holding something like this up that loses so much forever.

I don't hate the idea of UCONN to the Big East, but I would have liked it better when we first joined rather than now. Now there are more doubts if they improve things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    I would love to have UConn in the Big East, but something doesn’t add up. Jeff Goodman tweeted out no deal has been finalized. Big East has not officially extended an offer and UConn Board of Trustees still have to vote. UConn’s beat writer tweeted that UConn is not dropping football. The alleged proposed plan is football be independent, or parked in a different conference. How does that solve the losing money on football? long term would that work, or is this temporary until the next round of conference shake ups? In other words how committed is UConn to the Big East? In reading comments from UConn fans online they view this move as temporary until the next conference realignment. UConn fans seem delusional. Either way lots of perspectives to consider and i hope they do come, but I am still skeptical it will work long term.
    I know Barstool isn't the most reputable site, but Reags is pretty damn knowledgable on college basketball, and is pretty good at reporting stories, I think this answers a lot of your questions:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barst...etball-program