Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Honestly, the only other program even worth considering would be Notre Dame if the ACC ever decided to divorce them because of their insistence on football independence. Even that ain't happening.
    The Notre Dame situation has always been a fascinating one. They are able to keep their vast football revenue out of the hands of fellow conference members with out adding much basketball wise.....never understood how the likes of Clemson/F. St. put up with it.

I have always thought that the Irish would make the most sense for expansion being the most famous private/Catholic school in the country and any conflict with football $$$$ would not be an issue. So I agree with you, now that we are firmly set with UConn on board, Notre Dame would be the only slam dunk to warrant a 12th member.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-24-2019 at 04:15 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The Notre Dame situation has always been a fascinating one. They are able to keep their vast football revenue out of the hands of fellow conference members with out adding much basketball wise.....never understood how the likes of Clemson/F. St. put up with it.

I have always thought that the Irish would make the most sense for expansion being the most famous private/Catholic school in the country and any conflict with football $$$$ would not be an issue. So I agree with you, now that we are firmly set with UConn on board, Notre Dame would be the only slam dunk to warrant a 12th member.
    ND allied itself w/ ACC mostly to enhance other/nonrevenue/women's sports; UConn women's hoops might be good bait for ND.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The only real complaint that Clemson and Florida State would have with Notre Dame would be the Irish bypassing a conference championship game to get into the College Football Playoff. It will be a moot point once the playoff inevitably expands.

Just having Notre Dame in the mix for scheduling and bowl arrangements is something the ACC isn't going to snub just for the insistence of Notre Dame playing a full conference schedule.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    My favorite part of all of this is the AAC fans on twitter actually trying to argue that thew AAC has been and will be the better basketball conference. Stats, bid, tourney wins dont matter to these people, if they think it, it is true!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    My favorite part of all of this is the AAC fans on twitter actually trying to argue that thew AAC has been and will be the better basketball conference. Stats, bid, tourney wins dont matter to these people, if they think it, it is true!
    Welcome back brother! It’s been a while.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Welcome back brother! It’s been a while.
    Thanks! Yeah my life has been crazy with my triplets being born and some unexpected medical issues for myself. Everyone doing well now though.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What took so long? I mean anyone with common sense knew as soon as UCONN did not get into the Big 12 or the ACC knew this was coming.

I laugh at all the UC fans who are not bothered by this, complete denial on their part. The Big East has positioned it's self to be a big player moving forward once the P5 makes their football split.

20 round robin games, thank you!
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Just follow the money......always. If it means a bigger TV deal, then they will go to 12.

No reason IMHO to NEED to add another program soon unless that program would add significant value. UD doesn't do that. St Louis doesn't do that. Gonzaga.........yes, that would. Memphis would, but I'm not a big fan of their program.....at all.
    That's pretty much what I was getting at, if there were programs out there that made sense, we would have already been at 11 or 12. UConn was the only remotely realistic one. Financially and otherwise, I'm not sure how much value Gonzaga or Memphis would really add. I know Gonzaga is a sexy name and quality program these days, but there's the whole Spokane thing. We should stop at UConn ! I'm a big fan of the round robin scheduling. ND is the only school we should give that up for and they're not going anywhere, even for UConn WBB.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    The only real complaint that Clemson and Florida State would have with Notre Dame would be the Irish bypassing a conference championship game to get into the College Football Playoff. It will be a moot point once the playoff inevitably expands.

Just having Notre Dame in the mix for scheduling and bowl arrangements is something the ACC isn't going to snub just for the insistence of Notre Dame playing a full conference schedule.
    ND plays 5 games a year with ACC teams. I would imagine that's pretty valuable to the ACC.

Sophomore
    This thread isn't going into the XavierHoops hall of fame. LOL.

UCONN to the BE is great. Anyone saying otherwise is pretty far out there.