Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    You're assuming UCONN improves and adds value to men's basketball in the conference. That's not a sure thing. They were at the bottom of conference standings last season and recruiting hasn't offered much hope. Hurley does, but you never know.

I don't care about UD or if they sell more tickets at Big East tournament. They already have the strongest attendance and UD is never on the radar.

I do care about the level of competition for the student athletes, what it offers for fans, and if XU still has a good shot to excel in the standings. I think some of that is really questionable with the move and they already had one of the better situations in the country that didn't need fixing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    They have 3 4-star players coming in and their class is ranked ahead of ours on 247 Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    You're assuming UCONN improves and adds value to men's basketball in the conference. That's not a sure thing. They were at the bottom of conference standings last season and recruiting hasn't offered much hope. Hurley does, but you never know.

I don't care about UD or if they sell more tickets at Big East tournament. They already have the strongest attendance and UD is never on the radar.

I do care about the level of competition for the student athletes, what it offers for fans, and if XU still has a good shot to excel in the standings. I think some of that is really questionable with the move and they already had one of the better situations in the country that didn't need fixing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I guess you'll need to wait and witness what happens with the BE media package moving forward once UCONN makes it into the BE.

Otherwise, my thoughts and comments about UD were in passing. I would truly hate to be a VD fan right about now.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/06/22/...g-coaches-say/

their recruiting could potentially explode with this move

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I see how this helps UConn.
    How does this benefit X?

UConn is a good "name" but they are struggling.

Now BE schools split the $ among 11 schools. Maybe X gets a better TV deal package.
    Fox and the Big East signed a 12-year $500 million agreement in 2013, with the potential to see that number jump to $600 million if the league were to expand from ten schools to 12. So I'm guessing going to 11 will not split the $.
    Plus UConn has a huge following in the East and should pack arenas and the MSG, help us with Inter-conference games and extensions of the MSG and Fox contracts. Great deal for X and the conference.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-22-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

The only negative for Xavier is that Hurley is going to recruit like a beast now that he's got the Big East to sell. We may move from #2 to #3 in the Big East pecking order for now. I'm okay with that for a short time. Then we'll move to #1, and that will mean we're one of the best teams in the country.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The only negative for Xavier is that Hurley is going to recruit like a beast now that he's got the Big East to sell. We may move from #2 to #3 in the Big East pecking order for now. I'm okay with that for a short time. Then we'll move to #1, and that will mean we're one of the best teams in the country.
    Hopefully it'll will be a positive for our recruiting. i would think uconn back in the conference would solidify the big east in a lot of recruit's eyes as truly the big time. if we continue to have success maybe it pushes us over the edge into the world of a few 5 star recruits down the line

Who knew women's basketball 3rd tier rights could be the tipping point? Always thought Geno is pompous arse, but I'm becoming a big fan.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    And right on cue...ESPN reprises its "Requiem for the Big East": https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/index.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

@NoEscalators
    NCAA Tournament wins as AAC members:
    UConn - 7
    All other AAC schools combined - 8

RedditCFB
    @RedditCFB
    UConn is the only AAC team to win an NCAA Championship in the conference's 6-year history since rebranding. Here are the 7 they've won:
    • Men's ��: 2014
    • Women's ��: 2014, 2015, 2016
    • ��: 2013, 2014, 2017

If they're champions of ???, then we're champions of XXX.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.