Thread: Steak Fry

Sophomore

Steak Fry

Anyone have any details for those of us who couldn’t go?

My guess is they were vegans!

It was a great event. There were about 200 people there. Brian Maley said a few words followed by Greg Christopher. We’re $208MM towards the $250MM goal for the current capital campaign. Christopher said some of the athletic programs still have offices in Schmidt Fieldhouse which the new center will rectify. He then introduced the new women’s basketball coach, Melanie Moore. She’s got a lot of energy and has some good players coming in this year, including one who shot 50% from 3 in high school. She also likes to play up tempo and hopes to score in the mid to upper 70s.

Travis was up next to talk about the men’s team. He talked about a lot of things. In no particular order, he mentioned that Dontarius is working really hard and he expects him to contribute more this year. A couple of times he mentioned KyKy as reminding him of Tu Holloway. While not true on a purely statistical measure, he said last year’s team was probably the worst shooting team he’s every seen at X. I’m drawing blanks on the next couple of names, but he said he’s looking forward to the kid transferring from Ohio U to have an impact and stretch the floor. Also, the 6’11” kid from Walton Verona is really quick and long and that’s been causing trouble for Tyrique when they go against each other. He also said the kid needs to put on about 20 pounds which will be Matt Jennings’s challenge for the summer. As to the starting lineup, he said nothing is certain and everything has to be earned. He also said he could see Q, Paul, and KyKy spending time at the 1.

I know he said more, but that’s all I remember at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    It was a great event. There were about 200 people there. Brian Maley said a few words followed by Greg Christopher. We’re $208MM towards the $250MM goal for the current capital campaign. Christopher said some of the athletic programs still have offices in Schmidt Fieldhouse which the new center will rectify. He then introduced the new women’s basketball coach, Melanie Moore. She’s got a lot of energy and has some good players coming in this year, including one who shot 50% from 3 in high school. She also likes to play up tempo and hopes to score in the mid to upper 70s.

Travis was up next to talk about the men’s team. He talked about a lot of things. In no particular order, he mentioned that Dontarius is working really hard and he expects him to contribute more this year. A couple of times he mentioned KyKy as reminding him of Tu Holloway. While not true on a purely statistical measure, he said last year’s team was probably the worst shooting team he’s every seen at X. I’m drawing blanks on the next couple of names, but he said he’s looking forward to the kid transferring from Ohio U to have an impact and stretch the floor. Also, the 6’11” kid from Walton Verona is really quick and long and that’s been causing trouble for Tyrique when they go against each other. He also said the kid needs to put on about 20 pounds which will be Matt Jennings’s challenge for the summer. As to the starting lineup, he said nothing is certain and everything has to be earned. He also said he could see Q, Paul, and KyKy spending time at the 1.

I know he said more, but that’s all I remember at the moment.

Thanks! I’d love to attend one of those events one time. Sounds like a healthy crowd! It’s fun to be really excited about the season again.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Also, the 6’11” kid from Walton Verona is really quick and long and that’s been causing trouble for Tyrique when they go against each other. He also said the kid needs to put on about 20 pounds which will be Matt Jennings’s challenge for the summer

Open gym are always fun! Nice to hear Miles has been a challenge for Tyrique around the rim! Even if Miles redshirts or not, it will be great to have a real big (like Hankins) to challenge him during practice.

Thanks for the update!