Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I haven't didn't see Dontarius James in box score. Haven't seen any posts that he has left team. Have I missed something? Was hoping he might breakout this year. Anybody know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I haven't didn't see Dontarius James in box score. Haven't seen any posts that he has left team. Have I missed something? Was hoping he might breakout this year. Anybody know anything?
    He hurt his foot or ankle in one of last practices and is in a walking boot.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    He hurt his foot or ankle in one of last practices and is in a walking boot.
    On the sidelines with the team in a jersey and the walking boot.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Thanks you two for the update on James- I too was wondering why he was not in the box score or in any of the videos of them playing in Spain. A bit of a bummer for him that he missed out on a key opportunity to prove he deserves some minutes this upcoming season. He’ll still have more opportunities.

While I am quite happy that we have more overall talent on the team than last year, I’d still like to see how much James has improved and if that improvement might be enough for him to become a solid contributor this season (getting 10-15 minutes a game). Minutes are going to be tougher to earn this year.

Is that Larry "Bud" Melman working for the Big East? My goodness is that a distinct vocal delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Thanks you two for the update on James- A bit of a bummer for him that he missed out on a key opportunity to prove he deserves some minutes this upcoming season
    Yeah, Would have been nice to get a glimpse of what DJ can contribute and I guess the verdict is still out on what Myles Hanson can bring. Although he has seen a few minutes, according to Andy Mac, he also is not 100%. I was holding out hope that at least one of the two can see some solid minutes spelling Naj at the 3 but we’ll have to wait and see. if not, hopefully Ramsey can fill that role when healthy. I haven’t been able to see any Spain action, but will assume Bishop played some SF with Marshall on the bench OR is Coach tinkering with a ZFree, Jones, Carter frontcourt?

Anyway, obviously 6 of the 7 new guys have seen substantial PT in the 2 games and all 6 have put up good numbers. Team 98 is deep and loaded with seasoned veterans at the top. Over 21 years of actual game experience among our upperclassmen and that is a rarity in high D1 these days. So let’s savor every moment from this Spain trip until the end of March.....we got something special brewing here!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Yeah, Would have been nice to get a glimpse of what DJ can contribute and I guess the verdict is still out on what Myles Hanson can bring.
    Mystery of all mysteries to me is Myles Hanson getting a full scholarship at an Ivy league school, then leaving a free Ivy league school and deciding to attend a private school and pay $40k-$50k per year and be a walk on for 2 years or more.

Riddle me this Batman!

Did he have an academic scholarship? Because the Ivys don't give athletic scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Did he have an academic scholarship? Because the Ivys don't give athletic scholarships.
    https://new.berecruited.com/resource...uiting-process

I can not find any info on Hanson getting an academic scholly at Columbia, but if not, he probably took advantage of some other financial assistance that the Ivy now offers.

The real mystery is confirming his current status at Xavier. It might be similar to the Leighton Schrand situation last year but why is it so difficult to verify? That was discussed on this board last season. Looks to be common practice when there are less than 13 full rides rostered, single year scholarships are given on an “appreciation” basis. Apparently Schrand was awarded one last year. Could this be done with Hanson this year? It’s entirely possible that this was discussed during his recruitment...come in, work hard on/off the court and earn your scholarship if one comes available. But again, hard to verify.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Yeah, Would have been nice to get a glimpse of what DJ can contribute and I guess the verdict is still out on what Myles Hanson can bring. Although he has seen a few minutes, according to Andy Mac, he also is not 100%. I was holding out hope that at least one of the two can see some solid minutes spelling Naj at the 3 but we’ll have to wait and see. if not, hopefully Ramsey can fill that role when healthy. I haven’t been able to see any Spain action, but will assume Bishop played some SF with Marshall on the bench OR is Coach tinkering with a ZFree, Jones, Carter frontcourt?

Anyway, obviously 6 of the 7 new guys have seen substantial PT in the 2 games and all 6 have put up good numbers. Team 98 is deep and loaded with seasoned veterans at the top. Over 21 years of actual game experience among our upperclassmen and that is a rarity in high D1 these days. So let’s savor every moment from this Spain trip until the end of March.....we got something special brewing here!!
    https://new.berecruited.com/resource...uiting-process

I can not find any info on Hanson getting an academic scholly at Columbia, but if not, he probably took advantage of some other financial assistance that the Ivy now offers.

The real mystery is confirming his current status at Xavier. It might be similar to the Leighton Schrand situation last year but why is it so difficult to verify? That was discussed on this board last season. Looks to be common practice when there are less than 13 full rides rostered, single year scholarships are given on an “appreciation” basis. Apparently Schrand was awarded one last year. Could this be done with Hanson this year? It’s entirely possible that this was discussed during his recruitment...come in, work hard on/off the court and earn your scholarship if one comes available. But again, hard to verify.
    What is up with your obsession with Myles Hanson? His status is no mystery. He is a walk-on. They gave him a scholarship last year since they had extra. He won't really play unless if it is an emergency situation. The only minutes he played in spain game 2 were the last 3 minutes of the game up by like 35 against some Spanish bums who were dead at that point.

Also, coach is definitely not tinkering with a Freemantle/Carter/Jones front court. That makes absolutely no sense with this roster.