Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Travis and Mario said that the Kanter's camp at Xavier was a late addition to the list. Only reason Enes added it to the list was because Karem talked him into it. Travis said that "because it was free" it drew a much different group than the traditional coach's camp and provided an opportunity to kids that likely never would have been inside the Cintas center a chance to be involved. Gave away Xavier shirts to the participants. All the players really enjoyed being involved.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Travis and Mario said that the Kanter's camp at Xavier was a late addition to the list. Only reason Enes added it to the list was because Karem talked him into it. Travis said that "because it was free" it drew a much different group than the traditional coach's camp and provided an opportunity to kids that likely never would have been inside the Cintas center a chance to be involved. Gave away Xavier shirts to the participants. All the players really enjoyed being involved.
    Well, that is just awesome!

Also heard Enes say this was the first (and might be only) camp held at an actual arena. Well done Kanter’s and XU! Nice to see the X players involved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    I took my son as well. He loves basketball but isn't super talented at it. Being vertically challenged doesn't help. He had a good time. The Kanter guys seem like genuinely nice guys who just want to do good things for people. If you don't have a subscription to The Athletic, I highly recommend it. Shannon's article about Enes and Kerem is great and gives more detail about why Enes does this.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Looks like there will be streaming of foreign tour games on FloHoops.com:

FloHoops.com Press Release

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I don't really know the full story. It kind of came up out of nowhere, I got an email about it from the Steele Camp people. It was free and three hours. And the Kanters are doing them around the country (https://themaestrosports.com/camps/#!/form). They gave kids pizza and t-shirts. In a cynical world, where little is done for free, I honestly have thought somehow there was more to the story. But it really seems the Kanters are just good dudes trying to do good deeds. It's pretty cool and refreshing.

More here: https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...w-orleans.html
    I have been following Enes Kanter's ban from entering Turkey for a long time. He would be arrested the moment he enters Turkey. I applaud him for his take on Turkey's President and then finding ways to help folks in various cities in the USA with his baskbetball camps. I appreciate his brother having played for XU. These seem like 2 really good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Looks like there will be streaming of foreign tour games on FloHoops.com:

FloHoops.com Press Release
    Definitely worth 12.50 to get a first look at the new guys in action.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Speaking of new guys in action, anyone know when the 10 practice sessions begin in preparation for Spain? Will press coverage be allowed?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

FWIW, Myles Hanson (Walk on transfer last year) is getting lots of friendly compliments from Xavier teammates. Wonder if he can contribute anything more than being a walk on. He was a player with a full scholarship then he transferred to walk on at X? Why do that f you are not going to pay and get the $60,000 tuition and room and board bill from X? Mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    FWIW, Myles Hanson (Walk on transfer last year) is getting lots of friendly compliments from Xavier teammates. Wonder if he can contribute anything more than being a walk on. He was a player with a full scholarship then he transferred to walk on at X? Why do that f you are not going to pay and get the $60,000 tuition and room and board bill from X? Mystery!
    Everything about Hanson is a mystery. I raised the same question months ago and apparently the Ivy League doesn’t give athletic scholarships. Our 13th remains open, so I guess he could be awarded one for this year. As far as his ability to contribute at this level b-ball wise, Coach was quoted as saying something like “he can EMBARRASS guys if they’re not giving 100%” but some on this board seem to believe he’s only a serviceable practice player. I personally think he’s gonna surprise us all.....there is certainly a need for an athletic wing to spell Naj.

Can you elaborate on those “friendly compliments”?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-08-2019 at 04:51 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club