Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    seems like we're trying to play a little too fast at times

Sophomore
    stepping out of bounds along the sidelines is probably gonna be pretty common this year with the extended 3 point line

Sophomore
    i think we can forget about naji's shooting struggles from deep... just based on the end of last year and what he's doing in spain so far

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    seems like we're trying to play a little too fast at times
    Overall I agree, think 24 second shot clock had something to do with it.

How are they looking? Are they at least winning?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    How are they looking? Are they at least winning?
    They won 109-74 against a much better Spain team they played last Saturday. Started off slow and lost Q1. With about 2 minutes left in Q1, we 10 fouls. Refs were calling it tight. Naji looked really sharp and other core 4 played well. Tandy caught fire from 3 and Freemantle is going to be a stud and could be a legitimate stretch 4. Think they shot around 47% from 3. Unbelievable

If you take these games and base any kind of expectation for the coming year for the newcomers, I think that would be a mistake. These are glorified practice games. This is mostly a chance for the team to bond and develop some chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    If you take these games and base any kind of expectation for the coming year for the newcomers, I think that would be a mistake. These are glorified practice games. This is mostly a chance for the team to bond and develop some chemistry.
    Agreed. Calling them glorified practice games may even be overstating what they are. I think they're on a a foreign sight seeing tour, and every now and then they stop for a couple of hours to play a basketball game against a really bad team.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    This is mostly a chance for the team to bond and develop some chemistry.
    I agree 100% with this part. Also it gives Steele an opportunity to use and see different lineups. As for the newcomers, think we have a different view here. We know you get great highlight tapes of new recruits, but these type of games give me (at least) a better idea on what we they can potentially do. Not to say my views are correct just gives me the confidence someone like Freemantle will be able to give us good minutes off the bench this year. Think people smarter then me are saying the same thing about Zach based off what they’ve seen.

I think it tells us more than Muskie Madness ever did.

Besides, it is a great opportunity for us to get a feel for all the newcomers.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.