Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

Big difference in Travis’s presence compared to last year where it seemed everyone still thought of him as the associate head coach and he had to really yell at them to pay attention and not goof off. Not a problem this year. It’s his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That'll happen when you do it your way and lose six games in a row, then buy in and win 6 of 7 and beat Nova. I think they realized trav might know what he's doing.

I didn't know Shannon posted stuff like that on Facebook i'll have to follow her. Nice to be able to get some of her stuff without the paywall

Her in depth stuff will be at The Athletic, but she frequently posts things about X on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xDiMVm7zpPo

Looks like the competition will be fierce.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Great video... thanks for finding/sharing. Man, I can't wait to see this team in action!! It's gonna be a learning curve for the newcomers but it sounds like there's some strong leaders this year that were maybe discovering that need as the year went on last year. As tough as that losing streak was it seems like that was what really kicked off what will be the destiny of the Travis Steele era... tough guys, athletic and leaders.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    For those of you not on Facebook, or not following Shannon Russell on there, she had a nice recap of the first practice in preparation for Spain. It lasted about 2.5 hours and some of the rookies were pretty exhausted by the end. The Core 4 were very vocal. Daniel Ramsey did not practice due to a minor knee sprain. Dahmir Bishop has trouble keeping his man in front of him during one on one drills, but had everyone cheering for him to get the drill completed.
    So, All 10 practices in preparation for Spain are complete and the above info is the only thing posted on how things progressed. I was hoping some of you insiders/alumns would have caught wind of more details or that maybe someone on campus has heard some chatter regarding who's been killing it but unfortunately nothing new on this thread in almost 3 weeks.

Anyway, the Spain trip is August 7-15, so I guess the team has already flown out or are preparing to do so. Games start Saturday in Barcelona with 2 to follow in Madrid. One should expect all 5 freshman to see plenty of PT along with the 2 transfers. Coach has to get a feel for his bench asap, as it will consist of 6 newcomers, DJ and Hanson.

I am really excited to see how Miles and ZFree can compete. Most European teams feature frontcourts with considerable size, so they will certainly have the opportunity to show what they got. I am hoping Miles will emerge as a force and lay any red shirt speculation to rest,. An efficient back up for Jones is a huge question mark and a key to having a special season, especially as it pertains to BEast success.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 08-06-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Hope to get a good deal of info on the progress/potential from the Spanish Games. Not sure how many, if any, I'll be able to watch. Maybe there will be some replays at some point.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Team flies out on Wednesday according to Mario on the D&V podcast. First game is noon EST on Saturday. I fully expect Dana's will be holding a watch party for those interested in capturing some early glimpses of Team 98. All games are scheduled for 6PM in Spain which is noon on the east coast if you want to catch them online (one month subscription is required and I think GoXavier will be releasing a how to video soon if you want to sign up through the broadcaster/provider).
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

So I stumbled on a FloSports 20% off discount....

Go to the sign up page, and act like you are going to sign up using your Facebook account. Cancel out before you give them any credit card information or complete the sign up. They will then send you a 20% off coupon via email (one associated with FB) within 48 hours.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Team flies out on Wednesday according to Mario on the D&V podcast. First game is noon EST on Saturday. I fully expect Dana's will be holding a watch party for those interested in capturing some early glimpses of Team 98. All games are scheduled for 6PM in Spain which is noon on the east coast if you want to catch them online (one month subscription is required and I think GoXavier will be releasing a how to video soon if you want to sign up through the broadcaster/provider).
    I have a friend who is going on this trip with the team, and I expect to get periodic updates from hi. If so, I will pass it on.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    So, All 10 practices in preparation for Spain are complete and the above info is the only thing posted on how things progressed. I was hoping some of you insiders/alumns would have caught wind of more details or that maybe someone on campus has heard some chatter regarding who's been killing it but unfortunately nothing new on this thread in almost 3 weeks.

Anyway, the Spain trip is August 7-15, so I guess the team has already flown out or are preparing to do so. Games start Saturday in Barcelona with 2 to follow in Madrid. One should expect all 5 freshman to see plenty of PT along with the 2 transfers. Coach has to get a feel for his bench asap, as it will consist of 6 newcomers, DJ and Hanson.

I am really excited to see how Miles and ZFree can compete. Most European teams feature frontcourts with considerable size, so they will certainly have the opportunity to show what they got. I am hoping Miles will emerge as a force and lay any red shirt speculation to rest,. An efficient back up for Jones is a huge question mark and a key to having a special season, especially as it pertains to BEast success.
    No inside information but Daniel Ramsey has missed every practice with an injury. I think knee? Dontarius James appears to have an ankle/foot/lower leg injury as well according to his Instagram story. James' is more recent, he had been practicing. Believe the team heads out tomorrow. Should be a good opportunity to see how the freshmen and transfers react and mesh during a game setting against a different opponent. I think X will wind up with a solid 8-9 man rotation. Goodin, Scruggs, Marshall, Carter, and Jones, with Moore, Tandy, and probably Freemantle all likely regular rotation players. Bishop and James could be wild cards. Ramsey might get reserve minutes. Miles probably redshirts.