Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Hard to believe we’ve been talking about Dwon for a year and will continue to talk about him roughly another year before he steps foot on campus. From this article, I do like his understanding on Steele’s first year. Heck, seemed like he had more realistic expectations on last season than some on this board including myself lol.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...re/1815213001/

Sophomore
    Xavier has made the the top 7 for Niels Lane and final 7 for Colby Jones per Zagsblog

I like that they get involved in recruiting, to the extent that they seem to talk to other recruits about building the XU dynasty together. Odom made a comment about that towards the end of the article, when he mentioned that he talks to CJ all the time. He noted that he expects others to commit to Xavier soon.

Sounds like we have some more good news coming our way.

I'm just glad Steele's wife is from CIncinnati!
    X A V I E R

Good article and more affirmation that Odom’s verbal is rock solid.

It’s common for fellow prep stars to be in touch with one another but it sounds like he’s working as Coach Hayes’ wing man in selling X to his AAU teammates. The core 3 are all from the North Atlanta area, so he has already built friendships and basketball chemistry with them. Good chance Caleb Murphy is who he’s referring to, as he definitely has become a hot prospect with a very impressive summer. BTW Murphy has another Xavier connection. I believe he was teammates with Daniel Ramsey at Norcross last year.

The fact he mentions that Wilcher is also involved, tells me Niels Lane is getting a sales pitch from him. Heck, it’s entirely possible that they know most of the guys that hold 2020 offers from X.....obviously AAU ball connects players/coaches from other states, and of course the power of social media is a huge factor.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Nice shout out from Dwon on his one year commitment!

https://t.co/NWWAbeRQr4?ssr=true

Sophomore
    It appears that Colby Jones is pretty excited about his official visit over the weekend - secondary recruiter, Mr. Odom, is on the case as well:

https://twitter.com/kovajoness/statu...41358370164736

Nice to have all these prospects in when the team is going full bore in practice so they can see what it's like. Steele never sleeps as he had three guys in for 2022!
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    I have heard from several sources close or within the program that Steele is a nice combination between Mack and Miller in that he is "one of the guys" like Mack, but that he has the intensity and coaching strategy/ability of Miller.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that last 2 percent happening over the course of the next 3 or 4 years. I have little doubt it is going to happen under steeles watch.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I have heard from several sources close or within the program that Steele is a nice combination between Mack and Miller in that he is "one of the guys" like Mack, but that he has the intensity and coaching strategy/ability of Miller.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that last 2 percent happening over the course of the next 3 or 4 years. I have little doubt it is going to happen under steeles watch.
    I've said on this board before that his coaching style is much more similar to Miller than Mack in that it is defensive focused and values each possession. I find it easier to cheer for personally. Mack's style was frustrating at times to watch as far as guys just not being focused or giving effort all the time especially on defense and in key possessions. A lot of the problems early on last season imo were the players trying to transition from Mack's style to Travis'. I have very high hopes that Travis is gonna be pretty darn good.
    Last edited by scoscox; 08-05-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

I certainly hope he can have Miller’s intensity, but hopefully without sweating through multiple shirts and coaching while standing in a puddle!