Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Committed?

Let the relationship build!

https://t.co/5wymbYf4SW?ssr=true

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    And that’s with dwon Odom being absurdly underranked in the composite
    Ya, what's up with that? His mixed tapes look faaaaarrrr better than his ranking
    zip em up

Sophomore
    One of the recruiting sites, espn I think, is super low on him or doesn’t have him ranked at all so it hurts his composite but he’s 44 in 247 and 60 something on rivals

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My first reaction to this news - and I'm not being petty and I wasn't looking for a reason to have this reaction: Travis Steele must have a much better and more sincere personality and manner than Chris Mack.
    I mean, mack is having no problems recruiting at louisville

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I mean, mack is having no problems recruiting at louisville
    I know, but that's UL. He whiffed on a class or two before leaving us. That's where I'm coming from.

My point is that Travis, so far, has certainly demonstrated an ability to close the deal with highly rated recruits, whereas Mack appeared to struggle accomplishing that.

Whatever. Right now and moving forward, it's all about the 2% and NC's.
    X A V I E R

Primary recruiter: Dante Jackson, so far he's been the primary on Wilcher, Dieonte Miles, and Dahmir Bishop. He's earning his stripes right now, really hapy he's been able to recruit well. Now we'll see where we'll go with this class, if we can get Ben Carlson on board too, this class could be better than the 2019 class, and I thought Steele did phenomenal with that one. Let's keep the train rolling.

As for the difference between Mack's last few classes and Steele's first two, I wonder how much of it is having Ben Johnson, Jonah Hayes, and Dante on staff as well. Ben Johnson has had a pretty damn good track record of getting talent to commitment, and that's even at Minnesota who isn't a Top 25 school, Dante is young and hungry, willing to prove himself. Not to mention can relate well with these guys, and share his experiences. And Hayes is well known for his big man development in Georgia, and got Odom on.. Just something else to ponder as well

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Primary recruiter: Dante Jackson, so far he's been the primary on Wilcher, Dieonte Miles, and Dahmir Bishop. He's earning his stripes right now, really hapy he's been able to recruit well. Now we'll see where we'll go with this class, if we can get Ben Carlson on board too, this class could be better than the 2019 class, and I thought Steele did phenomenal with that one. Let's keep the train rolling.

As for the difference between Mack's last few classes and Steele's first two, I wonder how much of it is having Ben Johnson, Jonah Hayes, and Dante on staff as well. Ben Johnson has had a pretty damn good track record of getting talent to commitment, and that's even at Minnesota who isn't a Top 25 school, Dante is young and hungry, willing to prove himself. Not to mention can relate well with these guys, and share his experiences. And Hayes is well known for his big man development in Georgia, and got Odom on.. Just something else to ponder as well
    Exactly, these assistants seem like real go-getters. Plus if Johnson can close on Carlson.. we need to keep these assistants happy at Xavier as long as possible!

Great news! Welcome to the family!

Welcome CJ! Hope you have a great career and a great experience at X. Happy to have you as part of the familia!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I know, but that's UL. He whiffed on a class or two before leaving us. That's where I'm coming from.

My point is that Travis, so far, has certainly demonstrated an ability to close the deal with highly rated recruits, whereas Mack appeared to struggle accomplishing that.

Whatever. Right now and moving forward, it's all about the 2% and NC's.
    True, hopefully we can avoid all the attrition of some of mack's classes as well