Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLmickcronin View Post
    I’ve been saying for a while that while I have great hopes for kyky I don’t think he’s going to come in and light the world on fire as a freshman. Watch most of his highlights... he went up against little to no competition. Most all the highlights I saw from high school it’s him carving up small white kids.

No hate intended, again I’m excited about him and think he’s a ball of talent. But I believe he will need time to catch up to big east speed. Dhamir bishop I think will be much more prepared.
    There is a thing called AAU where he played against the best of the best and did well. Also tore up team Ohio. Kyky can play. He is a freak athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    This is a good point i think. i never expected the world from kyky as a freshman. I think anything more than 6 points a game would be an incredible season and i'd be pretty pleased with anything from 3-5 points a game. He also doesn't have the size and length of some of our recent guards. Still, this indiana lineup was no joke. 5 star center surrounded by 3 other 4 stars and a 3 star all headed to D1 colleges. Kentucky had 2 4 stars and a few 3 stars.
    The 5 frosh have a big learning curve. As great as past frosh were, it will take most of the season for the frosh to get comfortable. KyKy getting all the publicity but Bishop and Freemantle played against tougher competition. We shall see as they are all very green.

When Scruggs and Marshall were incoming frosh, Scruggs got all the hype but Naji ended up playing more and contributing off the bench. They were also higher recruited. No need to panic. Remember they are young an inexperienced. Thank God for transfers!

There has to be some Indiana or Kentucky fan blog who posts a box score to the game. Wish I could have seen some action.

Junior
    Tandy was roughly 8 for 25. Miles is a project, albeit a very tall one. Butler signee Malloy looks to be talented, not their typical big white stiff. Indiana practiced alot, ran strict offense and defense. Ky coach appeared to just roll out thd ball and say "Have at it fellas". Kyky I hope just had a bad weekend. Miles, like I said, needs lots of time in weight room and at the dinner table.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    There has to be some Indiana or Kentucky fan blog who posts a box score to the game. Wish I could have seen some action.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...-74/ar-AACBvwU
    https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/0...o-game-series/

Here's some stuff I dug up.

2 observations-
    -Evidently some Kentucky people were talking smack....."best team in 20 years" "we will sweep"...... With a healthy Dontaie Allen, MAYBE.

-WAY MORE D-1 talent for Indiana, 10 to 5.......7 to 3 advantage with HIGH D-1 guys. 4 B10, 1 ACC, 2 BE vs 2 BE, 1 ACC.

Both the Big East guys for the Indiana squad played really well. Our 2 guys, not so much.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    There is a thing called AAU where he played against the best of the best and did well. Also tore up team Ohio. Kyky can play. He is a freak athlete.
    The stats I was able to find for AAU he was averaging 15-4-2. Certainly not bad but was lighting up the world. Again, I’m not saying he can’t play and I’m really excited to see him. But I think people on the boards like this see him putting up 38 and 35 and 36 and stats like that in the Kentucky playoffs and think he’s gonna come in and just steal a starting spot away ( I’ve seen that on here A LOT). And all I’m saying is I think he’ll spend quite a bit of time catching up to the speed and figuring out how to get his shot. It’s not a bad thing or a knock on him it’s just his HS competition sucked.

Looks like Indiana has absolutely dominated this series in the last 15-20 years?

Sophomore
    Indiana was clearly better coached

Quote Originally Posted by LOLmickcronin View Post
    The stats I was able to find for AAU he was averaging 15-4-2. Certainly not bad but was lighting up the world. Again, I’m not saying he can’t play and I’m really excited to see him. But I think people on the boards like this see him putting up 38 and 35 and 36 and stats like that in the Kentucky playoffs and think he’s gonna come in and just steal a starting spot away ( I’ve seen that on here A LOT). And all I’m saying is I think he’ll spend quite a bit of time catching up to the speed and figuring out how to get his shot. It’s not a bad thing or a knock on him it’s just his HS competition sucked.
    I don’t expect him to start but think he can play good minutes and give a boost off the bench while spelling Q. Something Xavier didn’t have last year. 40+ vertical, super fast, strong, can shoot and get in be lane. Can be a very good defender as well. Will be a piece to help improve from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Tandy was roughly 8 for 25. Miles is a project, albeit a very tall one. Butler signee Malloy looks to be talented, not their typical big white stiff. Indiana practiced alot, ran strict offense and defense. Ky coach appeared to just roll out thd ball and say "Have at it fellas". Kyky I hope just had a bad weekend. Miles, like I said, needs lots of time in weight room and at the dinner table.
    No KY player scored in double figures so Tandy made no more than 4 shots according to Indiana newspaper