Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Walk-On

Remaining Scholarship candidates

I had heard the Steele was considering a wing/guard and a big for next year. He had said he could see him getting an incoming Fr, grad transfer, and a sit out transfer. Here is who i knew they were looking at within the last month but not sure where they stand:

Zach Harvey-visited X as other schools. He is from Kansas who were recruiting him. Also likes Gonzaga. Had heard they both have slowed on their recruiting of him.
    Ben Roderick-has 2 mid-major offers but also has heard from Ohio State and X. His dream is Ohio State but they only have one scholarship left and may use on a big.
    Sean McNeil-JUCO out of Sinclair in Dayton. Leading D2 scorer in the country. Has 2 unofficial visits at X games (Detroit and Villanova). X hasn't offered but many have including WVU, Dayton. OKLA St., Texas Tech and many others. Seems like X stopped or slowed down the recruiting.
    Harlond Beverly-X was big in the mix here but seems to have really slowed down.
    Myron Gardner-at one point was 100% for X but i believe X has stopped recruiting. Looks like he is looking at UC

not sure of any potential grad transfers. X did reach out to Justin Pierce from William & Mary. any more info please advise. X really needs a good big (i.e. hankins) who has some length to him. I believe Miles may redshirt.

Supporting Member
    Need a big; possibly a top notch grad transfer all mister everything.

McNeil is 2 years removed from playing High School ball for Cooper in Ky. They lost in the 2017 state championship game. I believe McNeil first went to TMC but did not play basketball......chose golf instead. He then went to Sinclair and ended up being the JUCO top scorer not D2. I guess you could call it D3. He is 6'4" with some D1 offers but I don't think he would be a good fit at X.

Just for laughs, former recruit Kentrevious Jones is available. If he wasn't such a knucklehead we could use him....gonna need someone like that to go up against Yurtseven and Georgetown!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-18-2019 at 04:05 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Walk-On
    He has more than a few D1 offers and mostly from Big 5 powers:

West Virginia Providence
    Texas Tech TCU
    Missouri Kansas St
    Oklahoma St Ole Miss
    Oregon Colorado St
    Pittsburgh Dayton
    Minnesota Western KY
    Evansville James Madison
    Toledo Lipscomb
    UNC Asheville

All the mid-majors were offered early on and the scholarship offers from the power 5 came in last couple of months. Indiana and Ohio State are also looking right now along with X. Not sure if fit for X or not but many others are seeing value here. The fact that he can shoot will make him a priority. Heard X is really hopeful for Harvey which is why i believe he hasn't been offered. He visited Cintas in Dec and Feb

Sophomore
    As far as an incoming freshman, I think the only two candidates left are Harvey and Roderick. Think if Harvey doesn’t commit by April(ish) we offer Roderick, who I’ve heard is a good fit for the roster.

Like others have said before, I think we need to add a grad transfer big. I really like Fremantle, but he probably won’t be ready to play against and guard D1 5s. It is crazy how successful we have been lately with Kanter and Hankins, and I’m hopeful there’s another big out there waiting.

Is there interest in James Bolden from West Virginia? I looked him up and the crytal ball has him 75% X and 25% Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Is there interest in James Bolden from West Virginia? I looked him up and the crytal ball has him 75% X and 25% Butler.
    He is an experienced point guard, and not an experienced interior player, but I do think that he would be an asset and hope that he does end up at X.

why would we be adding another PG? We have Q, KyKy and then Odom coming in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    why would we be adding another PG? We have Q, KyKy and then Odom coming in 2020
    i think he would be a 1 year guy. Coming from a huggins team you know he knows how to play defense.

i think he would be a 1 year guy. Coming from a huggins team you know he knows how to play defense.
    I just see much bigger needs.........we need post help and more shooters